I've took voluntary redundancy

Saw one of my contacts at work today. He's 68, he hates his job and he whines constantly while I'm there about his boss, procedures he has to follow and all sorts. He wishes he could leave but he can't afford to retire yet and he says nobody else will employ him because of his age. Don't end up being that bloke!
POF is really working out for you :D

I'm kidding :lol:

Sage advice that though. It's only brave if you're scared and you don't want to regret not going for something you want.

I was really really unhappy at work and with life, worked unsociable hours (although could travel due to time off), I know I had to do it, but I am now very anxious with worry, about being unemployed and what lies nex. I'm a particularly anxious chap at times, so this is a big deal for me.

I've a few ideas of what to do next but its absolutely daunting, as I am looking a changing careers possibly or even going back to Uni to retrain, its hard to tell at this stage what is realistic and what isn't.

Has anyone done anything similar?

arrrgh

You'll only end up unhappy in another job. ;)

people need to do a few month in nissan, then yal realise how lucky ya are

500 tax free this week, I am reliant on it like. What jobs do they have going?

I'm good for money like, don't want to be out of work long though.
id like to take a cushy job one day, and top the difference up with matched betting

500 tax free this week, I am reliant on it like. What jobs do they have going?

I'm good for money like, don't want to be out of work long though.

Don't know if they have anything going but PA often advertise for all kinds of stuff. Software dev, customer support etc.

Nowt mate, my mistake. Just realised you took voluntary redundancy twice in short succession. Nice one.

No it got delayed as the work didn't get out sourced

This is a big deal for me, which I don't feel great about, not just another little thing for you to mock on an internet forum

Maybe think before you speak sometimes.

Well done mate. I did this about 7 years ago and was the best thing I've done. I was really unhappy with my last job but it was still a massive step. I was out of work for 3 months and managed to find myself a new job that I really liked (and where I still am). Stay positive and don't let it stress you out...this could be a great turning point for you.
What do you do?

No it got delayed as the work didn't get out sourced

This is a big deal for me, which I don't feel great about, not just another little thing for you to mock on an internet forum

Maybe think before you speak sometimes.

I'm not mocking. Nothing to mock anyway, it's a great opportunity and I reckon you'll be really glad you did it. You're not happy in your current work, and life is short, so you've made the right move.

I was really really unhappy at work and with life, worked unsociable hours (although could travel due to time off), I know I had to do it, but I am now very anxious with worry, about being unemployed and what lies nex. I'm a particularly anxious chap at times, so this is a big deal for me.

I've a few ideas of what to do next but its absolutely daunting, as I am looking a changing careers possibly or even going back to Uni to retrain, its hard to tell at this stage what is realistic and what isn't.

arrrgh

Did this 10 years ago after 23 years in the job, for me personally the best thing ever work wise.
Went from being a fully skilled mechanic to a machinist with no idea about the job.
Was made redundant two years later but self-employed after 10 months and still here 8 years on. Must have done something right the first time.

I'm not mocking. Nothing to mock anyway, it's a great opportunity and I reckon you'll be really glad you did it. You're not happy in your current work, and life is short, so you've made the right move.
No difference between 'got' and 'getting' for Mr Angel of course :lol:

Unfortunately you’re not being cynical...sad state of affairs. Heard a story yesterday about a kid who was found trying to top himself (year 7 ffs), the initial response from the senco (sp) was one of ffs, is little Johnny seeking attention again, haven’t got time for this I need to be going home....soon changed their tune when they realised how serious it was. It was an absolute horrific story.

What’s gone so wrong that people who are paid to look after and teach these kids can have such an attitude. Kids deserve better, much better....I know I’ve got this romantic notion going on but f***ing hell, it seems like a lot of teachers need to remember why they’re in the job and put their own career aspirations secondary to actually making a difference to the kids they see everyday.
I left my school in Leeds as I thought the majority of staff weren't doing things in the kids interest.
Got fed up of doing things for ofsted rather than the kids.
I was like the guy you were talking about before, good behaviour management and subject knowledge. I didnt mind the marking but the policy my school implemented meant i was doing it until late every night, it was the assessment that I hated. Was basically just told to make it up. Unfortunately that doesnt work in Y6 with the SATS

arrrgh
Yes. 12 months ago. Started own company and its going great. Best thing I ever did and the scariest, mind.

Back