I've just made a purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iain Hesford's Bait Box said:
low key stuff is lovely. looking forward to seeing it

Tried a few out, starting to get there, just getting used to the light position, exposure levels etc.

I must be lucky, our lass just says to me, do what you want, you will anyway :lol:. To be honest I have trimmed my gear right down over the last couple of years, as I wasn't using half of it. I have been more than happy with my 5Dii since getting it, and I am happy with the glass I have left. The only other lens I could see me buying is a 135 f2 L.

I must be lucky, our lass just says to me, do what you want, you will anyway :lol:. To be honest I have trimmed my gear right down over the last couple of years, as I wasn't using half of it. I have been more than happy with my 5Dii since getting it, and I am happy with the glass I have left. The only other lens I could see me buying is a 135 f2 L.

Supposed to be unreal. Tac sharp apparently.. what lenses do you have now?

Seeing as I wrote the original post and to be honest agree with you I cannot really argue. I am as bad as the next man for getting sucked into it but maybe we all need to step back from time to time and assess where we are at and what we really need.
I do recall seeing a thread where you listed all your gear, so I must admit I was a bit "the cheeky bastard... look who's talking' :lol:

I do recall seeing a thread where you listed all your gear, so I must admit I was a bit "the cheeky bastard... look who's talking' :lol:

I was adopting the SMB position where I change my mind and opinion to suit the mood of the day. Anyway I have just developed my first ever black and white film and it was dead easy - good sense of achievement too.

I was adopting the SMB position where I change my mind and opinion to suit the mood of the day. Anyway I have just developed my first ever black and white film and it was dead easy - good sense of achievement too.

Plus I spent a hour wandering around the camera city here looking at everything from Hasselbalds to Leica's - didn't buy anything as I am too scared of the wife.

Plus I spent a hour wandering around the camera city here looking at everything from Hasselbalds to Leica's - didn't buy anything as I am too scared of the wife.

gerrin. It's good fun isn't it? You won't stop till you've got an enlarger and dark room now though mind :-D Seeing your first print in the tray is unreal

The 135mm F2 is mint and some of the results it gives are stunning.

I have a Sigma 50mm 1.4 EX DG (quality lens and better than Canons offering IMO) Canon 17-40mm F4 and Canon 70-200mm 2.8 L IS. I have 1.4 and 2x extenders but they are like paper weights. I may get rid of the 2x at some point soon.

I have been through quite a few lenses as I started with an EFS body (300D in 2004) and then changed to EF only which was a chew on.

had a look at some sample images of 5dii + 135mm f/2L and I'm not that impressed (could be shitty photographer though but) - have you seen something specific on it which sparked your interest?

I like the idea of the lens mind - perfect for a couple things I would like to do..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just bought (and used) a bunch of Ilford chemicals, some plastic bottles, squegee and other developing gear.

had a look at some sample images of 5dii + 135mm f/2L and I'm not that impressed (could be shitty photographer though but) - have you seen something specific on it which sparked your interest?

I like the idea of the lens mind - perfect for a couple things I would like to do..

Check out this thread on POTN
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1145005&highlight=135mm

Plenty of good samples amongst that lot.

I've just bought (and used) a bunch of Ilford chemicals, some plastic bottles, squegee and other developing gear.

Nice one. Might have to give it a go sometime.

is the water hard where you are? If so, toss this away - cos you will scratch your fillum. I found this out the hard way - couple of drops of kodak photo-flo in the last rinse, and yer fingers. Job done :cool:

get yer fillum shots hoyed, up too mate. Love them :)

is the water hard where you are? If so, toss this away - cos you will scratch your fillum. I found this out the hard way - couple of drops of kodak photo-flo in the last rinse, and yer fingers. Job done :cool:

get yer fillum shots hoyed, up too mate. Love them :)

The film was stuff my daughter took - I said I would try and develop it for her (as an excuse to buy more stuff really!). The water here is a little odd - it is fairly soft but has a bit of a chemical odour. The film looks fine but I will be very careful in future. I am going to sling a 120 film through my Mamiya and develop that next - got the bug now. Need to get good with B and W and then move onto colour I think.

:mad: me too. I love canon primes. I'd have them all

This one is special though isn't it. well impressed with the image quality on that thread.

here is the piss poor images i got from a Google search http://www.pbase.com/rcantor/bentley but looking at it they were shot in auto by an idiot.

I think if I did buy one, it would be welded onto my camera. I take no responsibility if your lass goes off it, mind. :lol:

Can't beat prime lenses.

isn't 135mm abit long though? is it practical for every day use?

This one is special though isn't it. well impressed with the image quality on that thread.

here is the piss poor images i got from a Google search http://www.pbase.com/rcantor/bentley but looking at it they were shot in auto by an idiot.

isn't 135mm abit long though? is it practical for every day use?

be class for street stuff. Pin sharp, lovely background blur - plus you can hide behind the bushes with this lens reach :-D especially on a crop sensor

be class for street stuff. Pin sharp, lovely background blur - plus you can hide behind the bushes with this lens reach :-D especially on a crop sensor

that's my main idea like - never fuck up the DOF with that lens. BUT I'd need step ladders for some of the top-down shots I like doing :lol:

has cons - I need to see what 135mm is like attached to a crop; tempted though - got the money set aside aswell :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back