I've just made a purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

just had a look on fleabay, and they look quite pricey

If you let me know what you are after I will ask in the camera shops here - I am back in the NE next month for a couple of weeks so if the prices are OK I could buy one and bring it back for you. They are all made here anyway.

I've taken the plunge mate and bought it - don't tell wor lass. :cry:

f2 on a 135mm lens in pretty impressive. Didn't realise there was anything that quick at that sort of focal length.

Congrats. Post the pots and pans pictures when it arrives mate. :lol:
Can't see you being disappointed with it and I am looking forward to seeing some samples. I went through every page on that thread I posted on here yesterday, again and my mouse was hovering over the "add to cart" button on http://www.flashcamera.co.uk/canon-telephoto-ef-135mm-f-2-0l-usm-autofocus-lens/ :lol:

I bought it grey.. meh

http://www.procamerashop.co.uk/product/Canon_EF_135mm_f|2L_USM_34079

Bought a load of stuff from them and they're spot on. Canon only give 1 year warranty anyway, might aswell have a next-day repair/replace warranty with the retailer.

few lads know I've been mulling over upgrading my camera. Decided for the time being I'm gonna keep my 400d (probably till Christmas) and instead upgrade my glass. Just ordered a canon 50mm f1.4 for my portraits as been reading about the benefits over the 1.8. Also looking at getting a walk about lens, want something that will go nicely with a FF when I eventually upgrade, probably looking at the 24-105 f4l, it'll give me plenty of reach on a crop and still be a nice walk about, light lens with a FF.

I have the 50mm f/1.4 and love it... proper quality bit of kit.

Problem is that 50mm on a crop sensor is actually 75mm and so I'm now itching after a 35mm instead, but alas such things are not obtainable at the moment as wouldn't be willing to sell the 50mm to fund it.

oROSSo said:
few lads know I've been mulling over upgrading my camera. Decided for the time being I'm gonna keep my 400d (probably till Christmas) and instead upgrade my glass. Just ordered a canon 50mm f1.4 for my portraits as been reading about the benefits over the 1.8. Also looking at getting a walk about lens, want something that will go nicely with a FF when I eventually upgrade, probably looking at the 24-105 f4l, it'll give me plenty of reach on a crop and still be a nice walk about, light lens with a FF.

Bugger. If I'd known you were after one, I'd have let you have a go with mine last night. What odds am I offered that you have bought one by the time we arrange another meet up? ;)

Iain Hesford's Bait Box said:
Bugger. If I'd known you were after one, I'd have let you have a go with mine last night. What odds am I offered that you have bought one by the time we arrange another meet up? ;)

I see you're getting to know me already :)

I reckon thats a good call Ross. The 50mm/1.4 and the 24-105/4L are both great lenses that you'll enjoy on a crop sensor, and definitely want to keep hold of even if you move to FF. The 24-105 is brilliant as a walk around lens on a full frame mind....just as well because its the only one I've got! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back