I've got it...

I thought sneezing wasnt a symptom?! Whole family has been sneezing for days👀

Other viruses are available.
Corona is so bad you can drive to get tested and come back positive.

If I had the flu I could barely walk to the toilet.

Fair point.
I've had Flu once, and i was bedridden and thought i was dying.
Mrs. R has had it once, so she says. And she said she felt as though her eyeballs were going to explode. I would normally doubt someone saying that, but she does look like Marty Feldman, so i'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Other viruses are available.

Fair point.
I've had Flu once, and i was bedridden and thought i was dying.
Mrs. R has had it once, so she says. And she said she felt as though her eyeballs were going to explode. I would normally doubt someone saying that, but she does look like Marty Feldman, so i'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah but we arent interested in others🤣

My lass tested positive on Wednesday after loosing sense of taste and smell. She was on the vulnerable shielding list during the last lockdown due to having stage 4 sarcoidosis.
She has hardly been out and is obsessed with sanitising etc.
Myself and our two lads have all been tested negative. Bizarre either we have had it or are immune to it.
or it is a false positive we have set the bar lower than a lot of countries

Anyone know how long the loss of smell / taste lasts ?

Depends entirely. For me it was two weeks with absolutely zero sense of smell or taste, then couple of month of it gradually coming back. It's still not quite right now and I'm 5/6 months on. Smell is maybe half of what it was previously and my taste isn't the same as before, hard to explain.

@Smiler had the same issue. How's it going for you?

Corona is so bad you can drive to get tested and come back positive.

If I had the flu I could barely walk to the toilet.

My colleague crashed at our work test centre, she was quite a bit fuzzy headed, they told her to turn left so she did and scraped get car all along the temp building we have outside the hospital.
Mind she was having temps of 40+ at the time (she had that die will over a week unable to get them down at all), she's still struggles with any sort of exercise now 23 weeks later.
It also seems to build up and gradually get worse over a few days, it did with me. I wasn't too bad the first three or four days after my first symptoms. I was absolutely fucked for over two weeks after that and I took weeks to get somewhere near back to normal
Depends entirely. For me it was two weeks with absolutely zero sense of smell or taste, then couple of month of it gradually coming back. It's still not quite right now and I'm 5/6 months on. Smell is maybe half of what it was previously and my taste isn't the same as before, hard to explain.

I'm pretty much fine now but my smell is still worse than my taste. Coffee tastes a bit metallic, best way to describe it. My dogs farts have a strange smell to them now as well and not in a good way and they were f***ing awful at times before as well.
I can be out walking them and if I'm with someone they'll ask if I can smell the bbq's or food and I can't smell anything. Loads/most things I can taste and smell and are completely back to normal but the odd few things here and there are strange. Metallicey is probably the best way to describe it but as you say it's hard to explain.
I went around 3 or 4 weeks with no taste it smell at all then it very slowly came back to me. Lad I work with went 3 months with nothing.
I'm glad it was my smell it fucked with the most though, other colleagues struggle to walk more than a couple of miles, others have blood pressure and heart rate issues that meds aren't getting on top of and they caught it roughly when I did 20-23 weeks ago

Last edited:

Got positive result back today. Still can’t taste nowt devastating this.

Back