I've caught the gym bug again

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nuggsy

Joined the gym last may, loved going at least 5 times a week and then lost my job in december so couldn't afford it.

Started a new job last month and re-joined the gym. It seems to have taken me ages to get back in to it, compared to when i joined last year (3 weeks of 5 times a week) even up to last weekend i was looking for excuses not to go but still got there in the end.

I don't know what's happened this week but when i'm in the gym i just want to keep going and going until i physically can't. I'm sleeping better, i'm eating better, i've packed the fags in.

Can't believe how much i look forward to going now and its me dragging my mate there instead of the other way round.

Anyone else take a while to get in to it?

It's a great feeling. Felt like that at the beginning of the year, lost a shed load of timber, then stopped now feel like a fat git again. Difficult for me to get to my gym as I work stupid hours and it's at least 20 min drive away, but off work tomorrow and committed to going. Problem is the lad I go with works off shore 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, so we hammer it for the 2 weeks, then leave it for two weeks, so rarely get anywhere fast :lol:

Joined the gym last may, loved going at least 5 times a week and then lost my job in december so couldn't afford it.

Started a new job last month and re-joined the gym. It seems to have taken me ages to get back in to it, compared to when i joined last year (3 weeks of 5 times a week) even up to last weekend i was looking for excuses not to go but still got there in the end.

I don't know what's happened this week but when i'm in the gym i just want to keep going and going until i physically can't. I'm sleeping better, i'm eating better, i've packed the fags in.

Can't believe how much i look forward to going now and its me dragging my mate there instead of the other way round.

Anyone else take a while to get in to it?

Cant say I really look forward to it, but it's become a lifestyle now. If I didn't go I'd feel like I was missing out on something.

It's a great feeling. Felt like that at the beginning of the year, lost a shed load of timber, then stopped now feel like a fat git again. Difficult for me to get to my gym as I work stupid hours and it's at least 20 min drive away, but off work tomorrow and committed to going. Problem is the lad I go with works off shore 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, so we hammer it for the 2 weeks, then leave it for two weeks, so rarely get anywhere fast :lol:

I lost 3 clem last year, was 20 to start with :eek:

Put a bit on over christmas then lost it again between then and now but i'm not really looking at my weight now to be honest.

Going to the gym with 2 lads who are bang in to their weights so doing the same workouts as them and then doing as much cardio as i can afterwards. Not really dropping any weight because of the weights sessions but should hopefully start seeing a change in shape pretty soon

Cant say I really look forward to it, but it's become a lifestyle now. If I didn't go I'd feel like I was missing out on something.

Thats what i was like towards the end of last year. It's taken me weeks now to get back in to that mentality

Nee such thing with yay man. Anyway fuck off out of this forum. Yer didn't want it to start with!

You obviously don't know me in real life, I am the most generous kind hearted person on here.

As for this Sub Forum, I always thought it was a great idea and I will be posting as much as I can.

used to love going but then fell off the wagon, haven't done any exercise in nearly a week, need to get meself into gear before all my hard work is re-done

I lost 3 clem last year, was 20 to start with :eek:

Put a bit on over christmas then lost it again between then and now but i'm not really looking at my weight now to be honest.

Going to the gym with 2 lads who are bang in to their weights so doing the same workouts as them and then doing as much cardio as i can afterwards. Not really dropping any weight because of the weights sessions but should hopefully start seeing a change in shape pretty soon

I go to the City Of Sunderland gyms, usually the Aquatic & Seaburn Centre. In the Aquatic they've got these scales that sends pulses through your body & measures everything from weight, fat mass, muscle mass, size of your arms legs etc. Was getting a bit pissed off cos when I was jumping on the normal scales wasn't particularly losing much weight after an initial drop. But got weighed on that gizmo the other day and it showed improvement on every part of my body. Fat was down, muscle mass up. Gives you a bit of a boost.

Longy said:
I go to the City Of Sunderland gyms, usually the Aquatic & Seaburn Centre. In the Aquatic they've got these scales that sends pulses through your body & measures everything from weight, fat mass, muscle mass, size of your arms legs etc. Was getting a bit pissed off cos when I was jumping on the normal scales wasn't particularly losing much weight after an initial drop. But got weighed on that gizmo the other day and it showed improvement on every part of my body. Fat was down, muscle mass up. Gives you a bit of a boost.

Most people have far too much focus purely on weight.

Unless you compete in a weight division sport, I wouldn't worry about weight TOO much. I'd still monitor weight, just to ensure that if you're looking to lose weight, you're not in too much of a defecit and losing too quick, or eating at too much of a surplus and just getting fat.

1st session back for 5 weeks, felt as sick as a dog when I finished, well worth it. Gone from 14'5 now at 13'9. Happy days.

I love going on a morning before work, up early but feel a lot better about sitting around doing nowt all day. A lot stronger, be on 40kg plus dumbbell press in a couple of months. Big improvement from last year.

1st session back for 5 weeks, felt as sick as a dog when I finished, well worth it. Gone from 14'5 now at 13'9. Happy days.

I'm struggling to get below 15st. Probably at mu best I was just under 14st. But as I said earlier, results are showing fat loss and muscle gain, so I'm going in the right direction. Wouldn't mind losing me gut like. When I can fit into L clothes instead of XL i'll be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back