It's time to do it - I'm going to a match soon

So, I've had a bit of a bugger on lately but I'm thinking it's time to go back. I've been a lot over the years but not for a while. This cancer lark has got in the way a bit. It's time to put that right.

In other news, now that the swelling has gone down, I've discovered I no longer possess a belly button. My scar goes from my sternum to where my pubes used to be and it has took until now to realise what is missing.

On the bright side there is no fluff to dig out and flick.

I'm going to the match on my own, I don't have to but I want to.

This is a milestone. I'm saying this on here because I've had tremendous support from you all this year. Thank you all. I mean it.

A few weeks ago I couldn't walk, pee or poo without help/tubes and had strangers wash my bits.

8 weeks ago I left hospital. I got home but was in no state to leave it.

Until now. I'm going to tick this box and I feel ready to do it. It's the padded seats anarl. Fuck it.

I'm going early and leaving late. And I'm going to savour every minute.

All the best.
Bloody fair weather supporter :) x
Time for me to go back too x

So, I've had a bit of a bugger on lately but I'm thinking it's time to go back. I've been a lot over the years but not for a while. This cancer lark has got in the way a bit. It's time to put that right.

In other news, now that the swelling has gone down, I've discovered I no longer possess a belly button. My scar goes from my sternum to where my pubes used to be and it has took until now to realise what is missing.

On the bright side there is no fluff to dig out and flick.

I'm going to the match on my own, I don't have to but I want to.

This is a milestone. I'm saying this on here because I've had tremendous support from you all this year. Thank you all. I mean it.

A few weeks ago I couldn't walk, pee or poo without help/tubes and had strangers wash my bits.

8 weeks ago I left hospital. I got home but was in no state to leave it.

Until now. I'm going to tick this box and I feel ready to do it. It's the padded seats anarl. Fuck it.

I'm going early and leaving late. And I'm going to savour every minute.

All the best.

Make sure that you wrap up well when you go, hat, gloves and scarf too. It’s bitterly cold there, even in the padded seats!

Not this one I'm afraid. I'm close but not quite ready.I tried to do/get out more to build things up but had a bad few days late last week so had to take a back step.

Hopefully the next one but I'm after a quiet day to reflect and savour, so I'll pass on holding hands with anyone. Appreciate the thought though ;)
No rush man, the season runs till May. Take your time, you’ll know when you’re ready for it and it would be daft if you didn’t enjoy that moment for the sake of a few weeks.

So I'm having a tough time @foggy, to be honest for me it's a really really really tough time. Culminated in getting mugged last night whilst pissed, but that was a result rather than a cause. I finally confided in someone last night but it wasn't the release I expected, in fact it's got worse.

I realise right now this is self-indulgent, and I really didn't mean it to be. But you've inspired me so much that I had to actually go with my reaction and post it tonight.

So I'm having a tough time @foggy, to be honest for me it's a really really really tough time. Culminated in getting mugged last night whilst pissed, but that was a result rather than a cause. I finally confided in someone last night but it wasn't the release I expected, in fact it's got worse.

I realise right now this is self-indulgent, and I really didn't mean it to be. But you've inspired me so much that I had to actually go with my reaction and post it tonight.

Hope your ok mate

I ‘said’ nowt on here for nearly a year then I got a diagnosis that I was incurable and whatnot. I opened up while in the Chemo ward and the response was overwhelming. They’re a great lot on here by and large. Hope you get the support you need. All the best.

Back