Its Official! Deaf Club / The Victory

smanty

Midfield
Despite facing a few challenges, we are delighted to announce that we have successfully completed the purchase of the Victory and the sale of our old building today! The next step is the full property refurbishment phase. Over the coming months, we will be conducting public consultations to gather ideas for our plans. It's crucial to emphasize that the Victory club is open to the entire community. The building will be designed based on public preferences, with a focus on encouraging sharing and inclusivity.

We are all filled with excitement and enthusiasm, and we extend our warmest wishes to Ken & Jan for every happiness and the best in their retirement! We are grateful for their trust in us and for sharing our vision for the continued use of the building for fans and the community.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to every fan who has visited our club and enjoyed our hospitality. To our loyal Victory club fans, we appreciate your patience during our previous game opening. We will soon be circulating a survey to gather your preferences on drinks for the upcoming season.

We eagerly anticipate getting to know each of you better and creating many more cherished memories together at the Victory.

Despite facing a few challenges, we are delighted to announce that we have successfully completed the purchase of the Victory and the sale of our old building today! The next step is the full property refurbishment phase. Over the coming months, we will be conducting public consultations to gather ideas for our plans. It's crucial to emphasize that the Victory club is open to the entire community. The building will be designed based on public preferences, with a focus on encouraging sharing and inclusivity.

We are all filled with excitement and enthusiasm, and we extend our warmest wishes to Ken & Jan for every happiness and the best in their retirement! We are grateful for their trust in us and for sharing our vision for the continued use of the building for fans and the community.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to every fan who has visited our club and enjoyed our hospitality. To our loyal Victory club fans, we appreciate your patience during our previous game opening. We will soon be circulating a survey to gather your preferences on drinks for the upcoming season.

We eagerly anticipate getting to know each of you better and creating many more cherished memories together at the Victory.
Need to find them remote controls for the tv

Shocking there was nee footy on last time I was in 😉

In the beginning, we had some trouble finding the switch for the TV upstairs near the snooker table during the first game. But during the last game, all the TVs and projectors were showing the football, except for two in the main room. The TVs we installed only have digital software to with analog signals, so therefore one projector was showing the match. We will fix this issue for the upcoming season by adding more TVs and implementing an HDMI system.

Dont worry @hank williams, you’ve got your dodgy streaming on your phone as backup 😂 😉

In the beginning, we had some trouble finding the switch for the TV upstairs near the snooker table during the first game. But during the last game, all the TVs and projectors were showing the football, except for two in the main room. The TVs we installed only have digital software to with analog signals, so therefore one projector was showing the match. We will fix this issue for the upcoming season by adding more TVs and implementing an HDMI system.

Dont worry @hank williams, you’ve got your dodgy streaming on your phone as backup 😂 😉
Can’t get the staff these days 😉

Loved the deaf club especially when the basement was created with a sports bar theme etc.
Victory club toilets had a certain aroma which meant most of the ladies in our group refused to go in the club as the smell made it way into the bar.
Good luck to everyone involved and hope it goes well

Loved the deaf club especially when the basement was created with a sports bar theme etc.
Victory club toilets had a certain aroma which meant most of the ladies in our group refused to go in.
The place needs gutting and @smanty and his team acknowledge that like.

Unlike the victory I think the deafy is way more of a community hub n can see people dropping in for various reasons all days n hours.

Good luck to them.
I assume the deaf community? Is that still the case going forward ?
I assume if it was closing it wasn't sustainable

Victory club toilets had a certain aroma which meant most of the ladies in our group refused to go in the club as the smell made it way into the bar.
That smell has gone now with our cleaners cleaning it regularly. Hope you all can come!
Unlike the victory I think the deafy is way more of a community hub n can see people dropping in for various reasons all days n hours.

Good luck to them.
That’s the plan! Thank you.
Me & my da were first ones to open that true @smanty
I never forget that day. I served you both the very first pint!

Last edited:
Used to go in all the time. There used to be 4 rotund fans used to sit in the hall end and take sandwiches in the same place every week. For a laugh if we were in before them we used to purposely sit in their seats. :lol:

Back