It's been nearly 24 years..........

Absolutely loved them as a young un. I'm 41 now so they were very influential for me. But one of those bands I just can't listen to any more. I still like the music I just don't want to listen to it ever.

Absolutely loved them as a young un. I'm 41 now so they were very influential for me. But one of those bands I just can't listen to any more. I still like the music I just don't want to listen to it ever.
I'm 42, and I don't listen to them as much as I did - but I still love the odd blast of Nevermind, or for a nice chilled vibe a bit of Unplugged.............I like reminiscing tbh, early 90's grunge, rap and even dance was all class back then - these days there is nothing like it, which is canny sad.

I still like the music I just don't want to listen to it ever.

Bizarre comment.

I loved Nirvana but I'm not sure they changed the music world in a positive way. Taking great independent music and turning it into an MTV product to be consumed by the masses certainly made the record companies a lot of money, but it strangled the golden goose. You very rarely see bands and artists develop any these days. The pressure to simply rehash their previous hits is absolutely overwhelming, and those who don't toe the line are cast aside.

Not sure you can say they were responsible for the squares jumping on board mind. Agree with the rest.

Nirvana Unplugged is the first bit of music I really 'got' - just timeless.

Yup, remember them both performing on the Word back in the day - mint ! (Noel was a big Nirvana fan btw).

Agreed Tony, a truly sad f***ing day - I was gutted.

I remember I was on my way to school and it came on the radio, was young but remember it quite well.

Last edited:
Yup it's fantastic, 174,432,535 views on Youtube - that's a fair few IMO :D.................compared 16,648,836 for Bowies version.

My favourite cover ever.

It sure is, and can I say your username makes me chortle Baghdad McBadlad, makes me want to do one of those weird arabic tongue yodels that the women do when they like summat / are celebrating etc :lol:.

Private joke but aye it's not my real name thankfully.

Bizarre comment.

Not sure you can say they were responsible for the squares jumping on board mind. Agree with the rest.

Aye, I don't think they had much control over it. 'Everybody Loves Our Town' is a canny book on the subject.

Back