It's Always Sunny

Several years ago there was a thread on here asking people to recommend a good comedy and someone suggested "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". I bought the dvd of the first season. I thought it was terrible. Maybe it got better in later seasons (Seinfeld, the greatest of them all IMO got better in later seasons) but I wasn't going to spend more money finding out. Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show were both very good but Seinfeld remains top of the pile for me.

Several years ago there was a thread on here asking people to recommend a good comedy and someone suggested "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". I bought the dvd of the first season. I thought it was terrible. Maybe it got better in later seasons (Seinfeld, the greatest of them all IMO got better in later seasons) but I wasn't going to spend more money finding out. Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show were both very good but Seinfeld remains top of the pile for me.

First season isn’t great, much better after that.
Some of it is mental mind.

First season was pretty meh.

Once Danny DeVito comes into it things start to click.

Larry Sanders Show is king, it’s just perfect.

Others have said already though, Sunny is weakest in its first series, really gets into its rhythm once De Vito appears.

Back