Italy & China

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

Looking at the rise in cases across Europe and Australia set against the lack of increase in cases in Italy and China could there be any truth in the position that those countries that got hammered in 'wave 1' seem to be unaffected as yet. There definitely seems to be a pattern. Is it just possible that those that came out unscathed are now in for a hard time. It's a loose hypothesis but one to keep an eye on...

The anomoly. Its not a perfect pattern by any means but I do find Italy an interesting one. As for China well of course there are questions about drawing any reliance on data.

Unless you definitively knew how many of the population has had it I doubt it would hold any water.
The virus just took out the vulnerable that it could reach at the time, but if it’s only affected say 5% of the population there’s a load of others that could be twatted on a resurgence
But with the use of masks, social distancing and people being a lot more wary now, you’d hope we could limit spread somewhat

Last edited:
Looking at the rise in cases across Europe and Australia set against the lack of increase in cases in Italy and China could there be any truth in the position that those countries that got hammered in 'wave 1' seem to be unaffected as yet. There definitely seems to be a pattern. Is it just possible that those that came out unscathed are now in for a hard time. It's a loose hypothesis but one to keep an eye on...
Italy was really only hammered in the North, round Lombardy.
China obviously only in wuhan.

Last edited:
I believe Italy are at the forefront regarding treatment and I suspect the population has more respect for the virus than a lot of Europe given their experience.

China of course is more draconian and not many countries are prepared to go as far to keep the virus contained.

I think that’s wishful thinking

What are the number of infections to warrant local lockdowns, is it a set number or just a case of whatever individual governments or local uthorities decide?

Do other countries citizens have to quarantine after visiting our hot spots?

It does seem like it’s mass hysteria rather than any particular system.

There was a very good point made on Jeremy Vine this morning in that Iain Dale said he thought science was science based around fact.

It’s now just based on opinions which is why there is far too much controversy at this present time, who can you believe, what do you believe.

Seems these people at SAGE are a bunch of complete knob heads to me and are just guessing what to do with everything and in reality are quite clueless.

I know some expert on here will have all the answers obviously. 👍

What are the number of infections to warrant local lockdowns, is it a set number or just a case of whatever individual governments or local uthorities decide?

Do other countries citizens have to quarantine after visiting our hot spots?

It does seem like it’s mass hysteria rather than any particular system.

There was a very good point made on Jeremy Vine this morning in that Iain Dale said he thought science was science based around fact.

It’s now just based on opinions which is why there is far too much controversy at this present time, who can you believe, what do you believe.

Seems these people at SAGE are a bunch of complete knob heads to me and are just guessing what to do with everything and in reality are quite clueless.

I know some expert on here will have all the answers obviously. 👍

What would you advise then all I see is you complaining that nobody knows what they are doing and being hysterical

So if you were in charge what restrictions would you put in place??

What would you advise then all I see is you complaining that nobody knows what they are doing and being hysterical

So if you were in charge what restrictions would you put in place??

Who would I take notice of if I was in charge, that’s the point I’m making.

I think I’d get shot of a few advisors that’s a certainty.

Have you got the numbers handy that I was asking for?

I believe Italy are at the forefront regarding treatment and I suspect the population has more respect for the virus than a lot of Europe given their experience.

China of course is more draconian and not many countries are prepared to go as far to keep the virus contained.
Italy want to be careful mate they did a terrible job handling it first time around. can see massive civil unrest if they fuck it up again people think we had it bad but look at what happened in Italy. health service overrun and health workers dropping like flies. can see the govt getting toppled if there's a repeat of that there. their abject failure was a lesson to other countries iirc

Who would I take notice of if I was in charge, that’s the point I’m making.

I think I’d get shot of a few advisors that’s a certainty.

Have you got the numbers handy that I was asking for?
Sorry not sure what numbers you mean

FWIW I agree the government response has been mixed and muddled and not much sense in it. It seems they are getting a bit more coherent but are too late with the restrictions they now have in place. I think they are shit scared of a second big wave later this year so are playing it safe

Sorry not sure what numbers you mean

FWIW I agree the government response has been mixed and muddled and not much sense in it. It seems they are getting a bit more coherent but are too late with the restrictions they now have in place. I think they are shit scared of a second big wave later this year so are playing it safe

I agree, the numbers I mean are per 100,000 of the local population that are infected leading to lockdowns.
Who are we protecting now regarding things like the quarantine with those coming back from Spain for example.

They're treating those lot as if they're infected based around what exactly, I just don't get it.

I wish there was someone out there that could explain decisions that are made at that level that are logical, I'm not seeing it at all.
All I'm hearing is a second wave and the need for a vaccine.

It's almost like it's the most successful propaganda machine in history.
They've got a percentage of people who are shit scared to do anything.

I'll always question things, unless someone can give a reasonable debate then where do you get the answers?

I agree, the numbers I mean are per 100,000 of the local population that are infected leading to lockdowns.
Who are we protecting now regarding things like the quarantine with those coming back from Spain for example.

They're treating those lot as if they're infected based around what exactly, I just don't get it.

I wish there was someone out there that could explain decisions that are made at that level that are logical, I'm not seeing it at all.
All I'm hearing is a second wave and the need for a vaccine.

It's almost like it's the most successful propaganda machine in history.
They've got a percentage of people who are shit scared to do anything.

I'll always question things, unless someone can give a reasonable debate then where do you get the answers?

The issue is this is something that noone alive has experienced before so the amount of information gained over the past six months is staggering and it's no surprise the response has been pretty disjointed.

My feeling is we were in March where the folk in charge think it's 'just the flu' then when the virus hits it overwhelms healthcare as so many people need hospital care.

Folk in charge lockdown then see the economy tanking and death rates from suicide and overdose go up.

They have to form a policy on the least worst advice which is way beyond my pay grade to determine. It takes into account the economy, Covid and other health issues. It's only going to be with hindsight we know the best approach to this virus

Back