(Italian) foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lass saw one marching up our country lane tonight - bold as brass (and apparently the size of a Jackal or summat)
Whats the danger to our menagerie do you reckon

The lass suggested telling our landlord/neighbour - but I thought that a bit rash - he keeps 'pedigree hens' in another place so probably hates foxes and - as - being of the old-fashioned Italian landowning variety - he has a fine and surprisingly extensive gun collection - I didn't want to send him off on one

Had to keep our junior cats in tonight - the hunter-killer cat is ok - as past experience suggests she can readily handle Jackal sized voles and the like - so she's out on top of the compound wall playing sentinel - in full 'none shall pass' Night's Watch mode

The Q is should i send the boy terriers (JR and Bison Frise) out on patrol as well or could that end badly

Anyone got experience of foxes and family pets?

The lass saw one marching up our country lane tonight - bold as brass (and apparently the size of a Jackal or summat)

The lass suggested telling our landlord/neighbour - but I thought that a bit rash - he keeps 'pedigree hens' in another place so probably hates foxes and - as - being of the old-fashioned Italian landowning variety - he has a fine and surprisingly extensive gun collection - I didn't want to send him off on one

Had to keep our junior cats in tonight - the hunter-killer cat is ok - as past experience suggests she can readily handle Jackal sized voles and the like - so she's out on top of the compound wall playing sentinel - in full 'none shall pass' Night's Watch mode

The Q is should i send the boy terriers (JR and Bison Frise) out on patrol as well or could that end badly

How do you know it was italian? Did it speak with an accent?

Did you import your animals from England or are they Italian by birth? That will go a long way towards seeing if the dogs will stand their ground or hightail it at the first sign of trouble

Looking forward to your Italian beavers thread:p

Did you import your animals from England or are they Italian by birth? That will go a long way towards seeing if the dogs will stand their ground or hightail it at the first sign of trouble

Dogs are all non-Italian (Irish, Slovakia, and English born) but bought in France & Italy - raised by a scot though so they shall stand! **

Looking forward to your Italian beavers thread:p
You have to wait til I go up to 'Como' in the autumn :p

** That whole Italian thing about fighting is a bit unfair mind - fought pretty well in support of British troops in WWI i think - some folk on here know a bit about that iirc

Dogs are all non-Italian (Irish, Slovakia, and English born) but bought in France & Italy - raised by a scot though so they shall stand! **

** That whole Italian thing about fighting is a bit unfair mind - fought pretty well in support of British troops in WWI i think - some folk on here know a bit about that iirc
Fuck it then, stick em out and let em kick the shit out of the fox:lol:

Hardly covered themselves in glory since;)

think they were put in charge of leading the retreat!;)

I used to see a particularly foxy Italian.

Pleasingly, she still visits me in my dreams

Aurora was her name although I have no recollection of her harassing domestic pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back