Italian Black Cats - lake Garda / Sicily

Fletch

Striker
Looking into a jolly to lake Garda Sicily or sorrento , not too clued up on Garda or Sicily so be interested to hear what other SMBers thought and recommend
Cheers in advance

Looking into a jolly to lake Garda Sicily or sorrento , not too clued up on Garda or Sicily so be interested to hear what other SMBers thought and recommend
Cheers in advance
Done lake Garda two years ago, Gardone Riveria, class place but not for kids, you can get ferries across the lake to various other towns.

Sorrento is beautiful and offers trips to Capri, the Amalfi coast and Pompeii. Class night out down the Marina Grande if you want to get smashed at the seaside on a 5 euro litre of wine.
Garda is also nice though this time of year is probably a bit late. The bars close about 10.30 latest and there's generally an end of season feel about the place.
No idea about Sicily.

Last edited:
Stayed in Manerba, Salo, and Toscolano. Very nice places, Garda is canny to wander around but I really enjoyed Peschiera. Riva is spot on and if you are into your cycling, plenty of opportunities, bike hire place there for both mountain and road. Went on a tour the shop organised on the mountain bikes to Bezzecca, excellent day out. Cable car from Malcesine worth it as well, take a coat, freezing at the top.

Take plenty of cash, found our last trip hideously expensive, although we did drive from Seaburn to Manerba

I'm in Sorrento now. Noisy as fuck but class too. Not cheap mind, but nowhere near as bad as Capri.

Lake Garda is great. Stayed in Gardonne Riviera too. Lovely pizza place up in the main square. Oh and Minchella the ice cream man from Shields stays out there in the Grand hotel every August.

Hired a speed boat out from Salo and got lost on the lake:oops:

Hopping on the ferries is great

Como’s better than Garda imo

Sorrento and Sicily look class
Sorrento is canny, loved the holiday we had in Garda with the kids, especially a day out on a self hire motorboat. Never been to Como but have driven past it and didn't think it would be as good as Garda, what's the craic round there, thinking of doing it next year?

I've been to Lake Garda and Sorrento and Lake Garda is my favourite of the two, without question.
I stayed in Bardolino in Garda and its a beautiful place.

Both are great, mind.

Please don't say you had your doo in the Foreigners club. Nice view, but a f***ing arsehole place.

Is that the outdoor chapel, right next to the promenade? I was best man for my mate there.
Actually, just re-read the post, the do was at a gaff up in the mountains. Was like a footballer's place.

I'm in Sorrento now. Noisy as fuck but class too. Not cheap mind, but nowhere near as bad as Capri.

Lake Garda is great. Stayed in Gardonne Riviera too. Lovely pizza place up in the main square. Oh and Minchella the ice cream man from Shields stays out there in the Grand hotel every August.

Hired a speed boat out from Salo and got lost on the lake:oops:

Hopping on the ferries is great
I was there when Keane quit. Well in Naples actually but stopping in sorento, lovely Xmas tree on the big junction btw. Half way through best pizza ever when @HellsBells text came through. Ended up lashed up along Sorrento High Street trying to get internet connections in every bar and restaurant open until 4AM to get further news on here. Strangely enough every bar had the same signed pic of Lee Sharpe up by the optics, the sad bastard hands em out whether the owner wants one or not:lol:

Back