It was my dad who died in the north stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to offer my condolences, and I'm sure I speak for every Millwall fan.

I was going to come on and jokingly get annoyed that you never beat Palace. But this kind of puts it into perspective.

RIP

as a toon fan can i say my thoughts are with the family at this time,

so, very, very sorry for you, i do hope youre ok, you take care. i like this poem:-

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am me and you are you, whatever we were to each
other we are that still.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way, which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, and pray for me.
Let my name be ever a household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow in it.
Life means more than it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity...

Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere,
very near, just around the corner.

All is well.

I'm a Toon fan, but please accept my condolences to yourself and your family.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family at this very sad time.

deepest condolences

my dad died about a month before a derby game with the mags at their place. I grieved for him, of course but kept a "stiff upper lip" to some degree stupid I know but it's upbringing i guess. Anyway I watched the game with 2 of my closest friends at the SoL. Me dad knew how much beating the mags meant to me he would often criticise me for it but i used to make him laugh with me comments about them. To this day I believe he had a hand in that game I mean 1-0 down to go 2-1 up and then Shearer to miss a penalty in the closing minutes could it have been anymore perfect a day for a lifelong SAFC fan??? all the emotion of his death came pouring out and i cried my eyes out at when we scored / when tommy saved. I'm cryin now as i write this. Don't be surprised if - as someone else wrote - a very important game is won by the strangest fluke, cos it'll be ur Dad...

Regards

Aidan, Sunderland till I die...

My thoughts are with you and your family. When something like this happens its puts the whole rivalry thing into context.

Very sorry to hear about this tragic event. Sport, and especially football, is fundamental to how most of us on this site and others like it live our lives. So much so that we sometimes get it all out of perspective. If ever there was an event to remind us of our priorities this is it.

My condolences to you and your family and friends at this time.

Like everyone else who has replied on SMB can I just say our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Condolences to you and your family from those at royals.org the Reading FC chat site.

RIP

Condolances from me and my Dad who were at the game on Monday but didn't know owt had happened. My Dad's 79 now and recently had a heart attack but he loves going to the footy so much that I wouldn't stop him.

Take care and best wishes to you and your family

Duncan

hadn't heard anything of this until i just clicked now, but deepest deepest sympathy to you and your family.

take care and remember the good times.

Differences and football aside for one moment. My condolences. Atleast he went in a place he loved watching the side he loved doing what he loved.

RIP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back