It looks like they are going to open care homes to visitors

I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware of that. I did think about the people that were unable to get out of bed, maybe they could come up with a way of managing this? Maybe restrict entry to the home to those with bedbound relatives. It would reduce the risk.
No need to apologise you weren’t to know. xx
I think they are possibly talking about one visitor at a time pre-booked.
They are building a visitors pod so maybe those well enough have visitors there, those that aren’t will be able to have visitors in their rooms.
We will just have to wait and see, just heard on news that Matt Hancock is going to provide some news in next couple of days. God help us 🤣🤣

No need to apologise you weren’t to know. xx
I think they are possibly talking about one visitor at a time pre-booked.
They are building a visitors pod so maybe those well enough have visitors there, those that aren’t will be able to have visitors in their rooms.
We will just have to wait and see, just heard on news that Matt Hancock is going to provide some news in next couple of days. God help us 🤣🤣
No more than16 to a bed and turn your head toward the door if you sneeze.

She isn’t well enough to go into the garden that’s the dilemma we have. She’s pretty much bed ridden x

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like any risk is to your Mam, not to your Auntie. If your Mam needs to go into her sister's room, then you need to check out the route to and from her room. Think about how it might be possible for your Mam to catch the virus whilst walking into the building and getting into your Auntie's room, then getting out again. Who will she meet, at what distance and for how long? Will she need to touch any surfaces?

Once you reach the room, you could give any relevant surfaces a good clean with wipes you've brought, and you and your Mam disinfect yourselves again as soon as you enter the room. Then your Mam gives her sister as big a hug as she can without crushing her bones.

Consider the risk against the possibility that your Auntie must be in a bad way to be in that position. Your Mam can't wait until somebody somewhere decides it is "safe". That might be too late. I think you and your Mam are in a better position to judge whether you're safe or not.

All the best.

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like any risk is to your Mam, not to your Auntie. If your Mam needs to go into her sister's room, then you need to check out the route to and from her room. Think about how it might be possible for your Mam to catch the virus whilst walking into the building and getting into your Auntie's room, then getting out again. Who will she meet, at what distance and for how long? Will she need to touch any surfaces?

Once you reach the room, you could give any relevant surfaces a good clean with wipes you've brought, and you and your Mam disinfect yourselves again as soon as you enter the room. Then your Mam gives her sister as big a hug as she can without crushing her bones.

Consider the risk against the possibility that your Auntie must be in a bad way to be in that position. Your Mam can't wait until somebody somewhere decides it is "safe". That might be too late. I think you and your Mam are in a better position to judge whether you're safe or not.

All the best.
She has cancer it’s not related to Covid so that’s something (that’s not meant to sound the way it might, just that she’s not positive anymore).
And that’s the worry about waiting until it’s too late, and why telling me Mam she isn’t going is not something I want to do nor would I. Because if something happened and I’d encouraged her not to go I’d never be forgiven.
Plus telling me Mam she can’t do something is like a red rag to a bull and takes a braver person than me 🤣
We will just wait and see what measures they put in place. I am confident they will have our and my Aunties best interests at heart. We’ve had to put our trust in them to look after her all these months and they’ve been fab, so I can’t see that changing.
Once again, thank you xx

Back