IT chapter 2

I really enjoyed it. Too long aye, but mostly very faithful to the source. Laughed a lot, broke up the tension the scares built up. The only genuinely creepy/horrible bit was the little girl at the baseball game.

Bill Hader was excellent.

Enjoyed pt1.. pt 2 was just far too long and it spoilt it.. in the end the scares became laughable and I couldn’t wait for the f***ing thing to end.. about 70 minutes too long

my main criticism of part 2 was there was no connect between the characters, no shared emotions. Just a collection of people who once knew each other.

Wasn't a massive fan of the first one and this is more of the same, but suffers from the source material genrally being a mess. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious, over-played, excessive and not scary in the slightest. The 'Just call me angel' moment was utterly bizarre. The last hour has some serious pacing issues. I wanted to leave so badly, but glad I didn't as we get some good character stuff right at the very end.

The stuff where you actually get to see Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise without CGI, much like the first film, is the closest it gets to scary.

First film was a 6/10. This is a 5.5/10.

Found out after that they CGI de-aged the kids. I thought they looked weird in some shots.

Now that this is done, can we please get the Cary Fukunaga version, with Will Poulter as Pennywise, in mini-series format?

Last edited:
Enjoyed it but there was a scene when they were all sat talking so I went for a piss and then decided to get some MnM’s... When I got back they were still sat in the same f***ing room having the same conversation :lol:
Still Canny though

Meh, didn’t mind how long it was but it was just so hamfisted and lacking in any kind of subtlety. Any chance possible to shove a big monster in your face was taken with glee.

Meh, didn’t mind how long it was but it was just so hamfisted and lacking in any kind of subtlety. Any chance possible to shove a big monster in your face was taken with glee.
Much like the first one then, totally ridiculous cgi bollox made for kids. The second one was advertised as being darker - was it??

I read the book not long ago and the first film was way off the mark mood wise.

Back