IT Band injury

Has anyone had this? I'm having real issues with my left knee and hip and (while still waiting on physio appointment) I am pretty sure it's an IT band issue. I've started using a foam roller and am currently taking diclofenac to help with the inflammation but it's totally put me out of action for running which is a pain in the arse.

I've stopped doing squats too, but does anyone know of good exercises/strength building to prevent it occurring again in the future?

Has anyone had this? I'm having real issues with my left knee and hip and (while still waiting on physio appointment) I am pretty sure it's an IT band issue. I've started using a foam roller and am currently taking diclofenac to help with the inflammation but it's totally put me out of action for running which is a pain in the arse.

I've stopped doing squats too, but does anyone know of good exercises/strength building to prevent it occurring again in the future?

https://www.runnersworld.com/it-band-syndrome

Aye cheers marra. I've done loads of reading on it and have started doing most of the stuff that's been recommended in articles but wondered if anyone had first-hand experience and ways they dealt with it.
I've had it in the past. I was told the foam roller is the best way to deal.
Mine seemed to just subside over time
I continued playing on it which in the long run will not have helped things but just stretches/proper warm-ups etc.

I continued playing on it which in the long run will not have helped things but just stretches/proper warm-ups etc.
Cheers marra. I've bought some resistance bands and am focusing on strength building. I've also started doing some proper foam rolling and stretches that I've found online.

Foam roller mate , go on YouTube , try googling specific stretches also but definitely start to foam roller - back , glutes, hamstrings, calfs , IT bands , quads ... all connected Aomori men could be elsewhere in body , worth a try

i did mine in over 10 years ago, i used the foam roller thing and wasnt sure if it was doing much for me. like it was said here it seemed to just subside over time. i stopped playing 7-a-side football with the lads though at the same time - which i suspect was more important than the foam roller (to me) & why it subsided over time.

ultimately i got a bike & cut down on the running deciding that my legs & knees couldn't hack it post 35yo...

i did mine in over 10 years ago, i used the foam roller thing and wasnt sure if it was doing much for me. like it was said here it seemed to just subside over time. i stopped playing 7-a-side football with the lads though at the same time - which i suspect was more important than the foam roller (to me) & why it subsided over time.

ultimately i got a bike & cut down on the running deciding that my legs & knees couldn't hack it post 35yo...
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about... I don't want to start riding a bike, I f***ing hate it.

Back