It’s Really Hitting Hard Now.

MackemBob

Striker
I didn’t know anyone personally with Covid-19. Now I do. Up until now it’s been “other people” and has felt grim but always at a distance.

My Dad’s best mate has been taken into the hospital with it. He’s in his 80s. Not keeping in the best of health. And I’m really f***ing worried for him. His family can’t see him and they are in bits too. This f***ing disease is an absolute mindfuck.

I didn’t know anyone personally with Covid-19. Now I do. Up until now it’s been “other people” and has felt grim but always at a distance.

My Dad’s best mate has been taken into the hospital with it. He’s in his 80s. Not keeping in the best of health. And I’m really f***ing worried for him. His family can’t see him and they are in bits too. This f***ing disease is an absolute mindfuck.

Missus mates Dad lost his battle with it.

:( Best of luck mate and try to spend at least some time focussing on hope and positivity. Look after yourself and your dad

Sympathies mate for what it’s worth.
It’s an awful time. Hopefully he fights it off - there’s more surviving than passing who get if it’s any consolation as far as I’m aware. Good luck

My partner’s great uncle just pass on the other day! 86...
We have a neighbour diagnosed with it. She, her partner and the kids all in isolation. She’s been on the ICU ward. 😬

Last edited:
Had a friend die earlier this week after being admitted for COVID-19, It was ruthless and rapid.

Incredibly challenging times for society, but it won’t just be this virus the places a strain on many people and their families. Another wave of deaths could indirectly follow in the months and years to come.

“A source close to the Department of Health told the Sunday Times: "Brutally, we think it's possible that more people will die from delays to treatment, especially cancer treatment, than the coronavirus.”

Last edited:

My mate has just been released from hospital, he was in about ten days I think. Mid 40's and reasonably fit, he said it was horrific when it was fully blown.
Thanks to the medical staff he has pulled through. Hopefully your dad's marra can beat it too. It really does hit home when someone you know is hit hard by it.

:( Best of luck mate and try to spend at least some time focussing on hope and positivity. Look after yourself and your dad
Sorry, didn’t make it clear: a bit of back story.

My dad died many years back when I was 9. Just got my mam now and she is in lockdown as we want to keep her as long as we can.

This fella (I want to use his name, but I don’t know if all of the people close to him know yet) was best man at Mam and dads wedding in 73. His kids are the same age as me and my sister. We grew up together. He’s a great laugh - even helping me get through my dads funeral - always a little joke or a piss take. He got me my first cricket bat and taught me how to bowl a googly. I learned to ride a bike after he told me to try setting off with my left foot instead of my right. Just a lot of little things like that is what makes him such a good guy.

To think that this may take him is heart breaking. I’m off to bed now as I hope a nights rest will help restore my generally good frame of mind.

Sorry to hear that, I wish him the very best of luck.

This is like a movie or a dream, I actually can’t believe it’s happening. It’s so unreal. I’m a big cynic when it comes to the media announcing pandemics, and I wasn’t convinced this was the real deal at first. My God, I wish I had been right.

I thought ‘plagues’ were ‘olde worlde’ problems that I’d never see in my lifetime. It’s horrific.

To top it all off, some people are enjoying themselves outdoors while others suffer. Sometimes civil liberties have to be suspended in dire emergencies. We’re being far too soft on lockdown flouters, it’s time to round the bastards up and sort them out. They are literally killing people.

The virus is a massive killer of older people in particular those with health problems. Younger people with breathing problems are akso at risk.The vast majority of the working age population only suffer mild symptons. As long as those in the risk category continue to isolate and others support them including the government with financial help then things can hopefully start to get back to normal.

Me mates dad died last weekend, went into hospital on the friday and died on the Saturday. Bloke 3 doors from me mam is in intensive care with but apparently he is getting better and expected to recover, it's closer than people think.

My mate has just been released from hospital, he was in about ten days I think. Mid 40's and reasonably fit, he said it was horrific when it was fully blown.
Thanks to the medical staff he has pulled through. Hopefully your dad's marra can beat it too. It really does hit home when someone you know is hit hard by it.

Some people aren't aware of how horrific this thing can be. If you don't know, do yourself a favour and don't read about it.

I'm not a regular poster my grammar is shit but as far as I'm concerned it's a f***ing lottery who lives and who dies the spin of a coin
[/Q
I'm not a regular poster my grammar is shit but as far as I'm concerned it's a f***ing lottery who lives and who dies the spin of a coin

Sorry - phone went funny mid post!

I was going to say it is a lottery - our friends son (a doctor) had it two weeks ago and is already clear and back at work. Admittedly he is young, fit and healthy - but I think we need to hear the positive stories as well as the sad ones.

Last edited:
My other half works in ICU and the things I’m hearing are awful - just got to keep
everything crossed the spread slows and the scientists manage to work our ways to stop it

Really hit me a few days ago when someone i work with was confirmed as having it and is in hospital by the end of this i think everyone is going to be touched by it in someway whether being ill themselves or having someone close to them being ill

Back