Isolation stiil, even if you've had a Vaacinations

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32773

Scientists don't know even if you've had the vaacine and even tho your protected if you can still pass the virus on. ://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/03/exclusive-vaccine-wont-free-self-isolation-says-government/

Fucks sake! At what stage are we going to allow normal service to resume. Does it have to be when we are 100% certain that nobody at all is going to get ill from covid? Surely we must plan for 'normality' based on how many of the vulnerable are protected.
Fucks sake! At what stage are we going to allow normal service to resume. Does it have to be when we are 100% certain that nobody at all is going to get ill from covid? Surely we must plan for 'normality' based on how many of the vulnerable are protected.

Edit: Got over excited. I can actually see the logic. No point having a vaccine as a 75 year old and then start mixing with other family members who are just under 75 if you're carrying the virus.

However, the number of vulnerable vaccinated should be directly proportional to the extent of relaxation of restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hadnt crossed my mind that tho you would avoid being ill yourself you might still be a carrier, how does it work with the flu vaccine ? Obviously you might have the virus on your hands from somewhere and pass it on but does the flu jab stop you transmitting it from your own droplets etc (ps Im not saying covid and flu are the same)

Does this vaccine simply stop infected people from showing symptoms then? If you have the virus and already have symptoms it’s not a cure?

Just wondering is all as Grandad is in back hospital after picking the virus up from there but currently shows no symptoms, wonder if the vaccine is any good or if it can’t stop once infected.

Last edited:
Does this vaccine simply stop infected people from showing symptoms then? If you have the virus and already have symptoms it’s not a cure?

Just wondering is all as Grandad is in back hospital after picking the virus up from there but currently shows no symptoms, wonder if the vaccine is any good or if it can’t stop once infected.
Found this on NHS website, the flu vaacine stops you spreading the virus

Having the flu vaccine will also stop you spreading flu to other people who may be more at risk of serious problems from flu

All the vaccine NEEDS to do is prevent serious illness, hospitalization and death. I reckon once we have vaccinated the vulnerable and we see admissions falling then we will see restrictions being lifted.

In an ideal world the vaccine will also stop the spread of the virus but that isn’t essential for us to get back to normal. The restrictions are there to prevent hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths so once this is fixed we can steadily get back to normal

All the vaccine NEEDS to do is prevent serious illness, hospitalization and death. I reckon once we have vaccinated the vulnerable and we see admissions falling then we will see restrictions being lifted.

In an ideal world the vaccine will also stop the spread of the virus but that isn’t essential for us to get back to normal. The restrictions are there to prevent hospitals being overwhelmed and deaths so once this is fixed we can steadily get back to normal
Good to hear. What do you make of experts saying that isn’t enough to get rid of the restrictions though? Seen three examples just on here over the last few days from JVT, Nicola’s chief medical bod up in Scotland and some Aussie bloke from the WHO, Dale something or other

Glad you see it this way. To what extent do you lift restrictions in relation to the number of people who are becoming seriously ill. If the virus is still carried do we maintain restrictions even when those at the back of the queue (under 40s for example) report a few cases of serious illness a month?

Good to hear. What do you make of experts saying that isn’t enough to get rid of the restrictions though? Seen three examples just on here over the last few days from JVT, Nicola’s chief medical bod up in Scotland and some Aussie bloke from the WHO, Dale something or other

I dont claim to be an expert but our local infectious disease consultant at the start of all this stated that any restriction is to reduce transmission and take pressure of the health service. Reducing deaths will be a result of this clearly.

The experts have to tread carefully at the minute as the last thing we need is for them to state now that effectively we are through this and normality is round the corner - its months away. So I think partly what is being said is very negative so that people still grasp the severity of where we are today. We still have a shit few months ahead. Even if you start vaccines today its three weeks from now before you have had the second jab and a week after that for immunity to be reliable.

My own personal take is once we have vaccinated the over 65s and all those who are vulnerable we will see restrictions lift as long as hospitals remain quiet.

Just look at New Zealand - they have very minimal numbers and had a rugby test with a full crowd in weeks ago. I am sure a lot of people will chose to wear a mask and keep distancing but that will very much be their choice

I dont claim to be an expert but our local infectious disease consultant at the start of all this stated that any restriction is to reduce transmission and take pressure of the health service. Reducing deaths will be a result of this clearly.

The experts have to tread carefully at the minute as the last thing we need is for them to state now that effectively we are through this and normality is round the corner - its months away. So I think partly what is being said is very negative so that people still grasp the severity of where we are today. We still have a shit few months ahead. Even if you start vaccines today its three weeks from now before you have had the second jab and a week after that for immunity to be reliable.

My own personal take is once we have vaccinated the over 65s and all those who are vulnerable we will see restrictions lift as long as hospitals remain quiet.

Just look at New Zealand - they have very minimal numbers and had a rugby test with a full crowd in weeks ago. I am sure a lot of people will chose to wear a mask and keep distancing but that will very much be their choice

Great post.

With regard to masks and social distancing, masks will remain with the older folk who have been scared by all of this.

Social distancing will be a thing I think outside of immediate family and probably in pubs after about 9pm when everybody's had a drink.

That said, within 3 years, it'll be like none of this ever happened.

Back