Is Watford the most Northern quick getaway point?

Harrow was ideal for us in March.
Parking on single yellows near the station was ok as well, the residents informed us of this as the meter prices were extortion.

This obsession with getting away early from the / any match is a strange one in my eyes .
Just accept the fact that it will take a bit of time to get to your car or train. And accept that the roads will be busy .
Why not stay to applaud the players , even celebrate the win ?
It’s like the early leavers , is that few minutes gained so important?
Chill out and enjoy the day , yes make it as easy as possible or do what suits you , but just go with the flow and relax , we are at Wembley!

This. Why are people so desperate to leave their big day out and Wembley and get back to their boring normal life at home.

This obsession with getting away early from the / any match is a strange one in my eyes .
Just accept the fact that it will take a bit of time to get to your car or train. And accept that the roads will be busy .
Chill out and enjoy the day , yes make it as easy as possible or do what suits you , but just go with the flow and relax , we are at Wembley!
Who the fuck mentioned leaving early? Nee fucker in the car I will be travelling in will be leaving early, and you would be have to be a spacial kind of clown shoe to travel to Wembley and leave early.

The post was about the best place to miss traffic and cut journey times home

In case no-one's mentioned it... High Wycombe. Ever so slightly longer distance to the North East than Watford, but, shorter journey time. Aylesbury, too. Direct trains into Wembley, also, plus parking at the station for a couple of quid.

P.S. Rickmansworth and Berkhamsted are also good for a quick exit onto North bound motorways, again, with station parking and direct routes to Wembley.

Last edited:

Absolutely this. Its my first ever trip to Wembley and we've been to Wembley 4 times in my life time. Not missing the 5th. I'll be in no hurry to leave, although it'll be our second time there this season it's one of those rare occasions you get to go to.

I'll be soaking in the atmosphere and making class memories to last a lifetime.
Nee need for quick get aways. Enjoy the moment.

Dump your car somewhere on the Central line in the East side.....It is much much quicker to get away via the M11 then A1. Park in a side street near tube line (I normally use Leytonstone) then about 30 mins to Wembley....Same on way out, you will get out of London and be north much much quicker.

Dump your car somewhere on the Central line in the East side.....It is much much quicker to get away via the M11 then A1. Park in a side street near tube line (I normally use Leytonstone) then about 30 mins to Wembley....Same on way out, you will get out of London and be north much much quicker.

Wanstead or Snaresbrook are both options if you're doing this.

Who the fuck mentioned leaving early? Nee fucker in the car I will be travelling in will be leaving early, and you would be have to be a spacial kind of clown shoe to travel to Wembley and leave early.

The post was about the best place to miss traffic and cut journey times home

I simply likened the obsession to get home as quickly as possible to the early leavers , that’s all .
I don’t anticipate anyone leaving early at Wembley, but you never know.

I simply likened the obsession to get home as quickly as possible to the early leavers , that’s all .
I don’t anticipate anyone leaving early at Wembley, but you never know.

There was a long thread on here after the Portsmouth game about loads of fans leaving after they took the lead, then hell on with stewards after some tried to get back in after the equaliser.

Incredible that folks left early under the circumstances of the occasion.

looking to do Wembley and back in a day, and did Watford V Charlton last time around. Is this the easiest place north of Wembley for a swift trip home, or is there anywhere even a bit further North worth doing?

Chorleywood Station car park about 3 quid on a weekend, its on the met line straight into wembley, and just off the M25 3 exits round to the M1

Back