Is Watford the most Northern quick getaway point?

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by houghton cut head, May 18, 2019.

1. looking to do Wembley and back in a day, and did Watford V Charlton last time around. Is this the easiest place north of Wembley for a swift trip home, or is there anywhere even a bit further North worth doing?

2. Daffy

Daffy Striker

Worst thread ever

bahtat, Rip Van Fish and MONTYMCPHAIL like this.
  3. Try Stanmore, you park on someone’s drive for around £15 for the day and it’s 10 minutes to Wembley Park on the Jubilee Line. It’s easy access to the A1 and M1.

seggaman, DJP, SAFCftm1986 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sotodave

Sotodave Subs Bench

I did Luton for the checkatrader...train or coach in London from the airport...5 mins and you can be on the M1

5. squashjoe

squashjoe Striker

Why pay when you can park most places in the burbs for free.
    You can even park in central London for free on Sundays.

Purrfect South and Botchie like this.
  6. SmokinMonkey

SmokinMonkey Midfield

I did Stanmore last time, pre booked in the station car park. A bit busy to get out but overall worked a treat and easy back in the A1 or M1.

Tokyo Optician likes this.
  7. Watford and M25 is a nightmare. Did that after the league cup.

8. Honess10

Honess10 Full Back

I’m not advocating this as it sounds a right fuck on to me and I’m not convinced the bike would be there waiting :lol: but anyway worked in Manchester a while ago and remember we were talking about Wembley reopening at the time and the Man U fans were moaning about the hassle it was getting in and out.

Anyway this one bloke swore by bringing his bike down in the car and parking near the end of the north circular and then cycling to Wembley and chaining his bike up somewhere walking distance away. Reckoned after the match it was a piece of piss as he just ran back to his bike, a quick cycle back to the car with no messing about waiting for tubes or trains then straight onto the M1 and away.

9. ErichZann

ErichZann Striker

Good idea actually :lol:

10. Effrafax

Effrafax Midfield

Eh? Where did you come from? Why did you hit the M25 to get to or from Watford?

riffraff likes this.
  11. Gray Matter

Gray Matter Goalkeeper

Exactly.

I'm parking up at Watford underground station, which is less than 30 minutes; by tube to Wembley Park.

Worked great the other month for easy journey down and quick get away after the game.

bryc1 and houghton cut head like this.
  12. Rip Van Fish

Rip Van Fish Striker

Exactly

I’ll say it again

Howberry Road by Canons Park tube

Piece of piss

seggaman and squashjoe like this.
  13. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

Is parking guaranteed around there or d'you need to book?

14. Gray Matter

Gray Matter Goalkeeper

Loads of free street parking on Sundays, unless things have changed since March.

In any event, the car park at the station is only £3 for the day:

Watford Station (LUL)

squashjoe and Discopants91 like this.
  15. I’m staying 2 nights and it’s a guaranteed place rather than looking about. I didn’t know Sunday’s were free mind. I wouldn’t like to leave it to chance when there’s potentially 5 groups of supporters looking to park, and on a bank holiday weekend.

squashjoe likes this.
  16. Wearson

Wearson Full Back

This obsession with getting away early from the / any match is a strange one in my eyes .
    Just accept the fact that it will take a bit of time to get to your car or train. And accept that the roads will be busy .
    Why not stay to applaud the players , even celebrate the win ?
    It’s like the early leavers , is that few minutes gained so important?
    Chill out and enjoy the day , yes make it as easy as possible or do what suits you , but just go with the flow and relax , we are at Wembley!

17. TopCat

TopCat Striker

First time I did Wembley I stayed at the Premier Inn in Edgware, It's a 20 min walk round to Canon's Park and about 5 stops on the tube to Wembley
    IIRC the PI at Edgware is 5 mins off the M1

18. Botchie

Botchie Winger

15 quid :eek::lol:.

19. It’s costing me £14.60 for this
    vvvvv

Botchie likes this.
  20. Hoy in a bit breaststroke (!) somewhere along the way & you might just have invented a new triathlon there, marra.