Is this the end...

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date

Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said millions "believe that in future, summer time should be year-round, and that's what will happen".

That alone sums up the EU and Juncker, we don’t care what anyone thinks we will go ahead with our ideas regardless of who agrees or disagrees.

I seem to remember that the UK tried this for a few years when I was a kid and the council gave us free reflective arm bands so we didn't get run over in the dark. Anyone else remember this?

I seem to remember that the UK tried this for a few years when I was a kid and the council gave us free reflective arm bands so we didn't get run over in the dark. Anyone else remember this?

I recall it well. I was depressing going to work on a morning in the dark.

The kids in the advert were wearing snorkel coats iirc. They were banned because kids were getting knocked over when they fully zipped the hood.

As opposed to now where you still go to work in the dark and arrive back in the dark. Wow.
The sane solution would be to have more flexible working hours. People apparently prefer 8am to 4pm.

In the winter and warmest part of summer we could have 2-3 hour dinner breaks. Light in winter, respite from heat in summer.

I'm not sure people can just go about changing time zones like. :lol: All flight planning, worldwide is planned on GMT, so that will cause chaos.

it said one option would be to let each member state decide whether to go for permanent summer or winter time. That would be "a sovereign decision of each member state",

This but seems slightly tricky. The current time differences are based on changes in longitude, but what if a country further north elects to have permanent summer whilst a county to the immediate sought chooses permanent winter and the subsequent country to the south chooses summer?

I know this happens more often in Asian countries and some even have half hour time intervals.

This but seems slightly tricky. The current time differences are based on changes in longitude, but what if a country further north elects to have permanent summer whilst a county to the immediate sought chooses permanent winter and the subsequent country to the south chooses summer?

I know this happens more often in Asian countries and some even have half hour time intervals.
But China only has one time zone across the whole country

Back