Is this the correct decision

Including placing it above obeying the law of the country they live in? Should they accomodate that?

If the law is that you have to do that and your religion forbades it, I’d suggest in this instance the law needs looking at.

Maybe that law, maybe other laws. Do they get to pick and choose which laws to obey? How about the law making it illegal to kill apostates or the disabled (cos they're possessed by the devil, natch, or are just evil in general), should they be exempt from those laws?
Well no, but was she asking to be? Shaking hands apparently.

"The government then denied her naturalisation, saying she was "not assimilated" for avoiding the symbolic ritual"

When did the Borg seize power in France?

It's obviously a stupid rule. Nobody who has lost both hands need apply. I imagine Stephen Hawking would have had some problems too. It'd be interesting if they refused him.

And then there's the ridiculous idea that absolutely every last citizen of a country has to have the same culture and follow the same customs. No room for Glyndebourne and Millwall supporters in the same country?

I'd struggle to get British citizenship because I would probably vomit trying rather than swear allegiance to the queen.

A f***ing handshake man.

Stupid or not, its what is required. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. I've been married twice in church, and went through the whole swearing to god bollocks. It makes me a hypocrite, but i did it because i didn't expect to set the rules.
This person goes cap in hand, and expects to set the rules ? Get real.

does this effectively mean you can't be French & Muslim? If you wish to gain French citizenship then you've got to ditch your religious beliefs?
The French probably see it as putting citizenship above religion, French first and foremost....especially since it's a secular state

Stupid or not, its what is required. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. I've been married twice in church, and went through the whole swearing to god bollocks. It makes me a hypocrite, but i did it because i didn't expect to set the rules.
This person goes cap in hand, and expects to set the rules ? Get real.
But shaking hands isn't "required". To say the rest of somebody's life should be affected because they didn't want to shake hands, for any reason, is just bonkers. Which makes me think you are another one who is completely bonkers.

You do realise it's not the fact of her being Muslim that's the issue here don't you? Just something that anybody could refuse to do.

But then you add your little "cap in hand" comment at the end, which reveals your deep down feelings and prejudices over this.

Would you shake hands with Corbyn? Is there anybody you wouldn't? Shearer perhaps?

Not killing apostates or the disabled, eh?

Well, as an atheist i believe it’s all nonsense and if you’re saying that she as a Muslim shouldn’t be picking and choosing rules from her religion, it really sets the Old Testament and thereby Christians, upmfor some contradictions too.

But shaking hands isn't "required". To say the rest of somebody's life should be affected because they didn't want to shake hands, for any reason, is just bonkers. Which makes me think you are another one who is completely bonkers.

You do realise it's not the fact of her being Muslim that's the issue here don't you? Just something that anybody could refuse to do.

But then you add your little "cap in hand" comment at the end, which reveals your deep down feelings and prejudices over this.

Would you shake hands with Corbyn? Is there anybody you wouldn't? Shearer perhaps?

She refused to shake hands BECAUSE she is a Muslim. No other reason or excuse comes into it. How you can get to, it’s nothing to do with being a Muslim is beyond my comprehension.

What's the reasoning behind this ban on Muslim men and women shaking hands? Is it cos the man might get a bonk on, a bit like the whole 'cover thineself up harlot' face veil palaver? f***ing religion man, absolutely backwards the lot of it :lol:

Well, as an atheist i believe it’s all nonsense and if you’re saying that she as a Muslim shouldn’t be picking and choosing rules from her religion, it really sets the Old Testament and thereby Christians, upmfor some contradictions too.
Jesus Christ cancelled the mosaic law and old testament because it was needlessly oppressive, all mainstream religions these days originate from old testament like Jewish and Muslim laws, and then the supposedly more loving Christians.

On a friday night after a few drinks ? Possibly. And i wouldn't have a problem shaking JC's hand. AS can bugger off.
It is a very major problem for her. She can or could solve it at very little cost. Whether someone in authority is being arsey is her problem.

Totally correct decision.

If an English woman took a job as a teacher in say Jordon she'd be expected to wear a headscarve and cover up her skin, plenty of British females work in these lands and adhere to the rules.

I went to Israel in the 90's and had to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirt, it was f***ing roasting but if I wanted to visit these sites as I had to play by their rules.

People who try to ignore tradition and customs of foreign lands by using their Sky Fairy beliefs are twats, I don't care what religion they are, good on the French on this one.

Totally correct decision.

If an English woman took a job as a teacher in say Jordon she'd be expected to wear a headscarve and cover up her skin, plenty of British females work in these lands and adhere to the rules.

I went to Israel in the 90's and had to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirt, it was f***ing roasting but if I wanted to visit these sites as I had to play by their rules.

People who try to ignore tradition and customs of foreign lands by using their Sky Fairy beliefs are twats, I don't care what religion they are, good on the French on this one.
Another one who is confusing customs with rules. Also, shaky hands rules are no better than sky fairy ones.

She refused to shake hands BECAUSE she is a Muslim. No other reason or excuse comes into it. How you can get to, it’s nothing to do with being a Muslim is beyond my comprehension.
There breakfast millions of Muslims in France. Her religion was not the reason she was refused a passport. And were you actually there? How did she actually refuse to shake? You have no idea, and there is obviously more to this than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Another one who is confusing customs with rules.

There breakfast millions of Muslims in France. Her religion was not the reason she was refused a passport. And were you actually there? How did she actually refuse to shake? You have no idea, and there is obviously more to this than meets the eye.

Do me a favour and go back and re-edit your post so that the words are in the right order. It’s incomprehensible at the moment.

Do me a favour and go back and re-edit your post so that the words are in the right order. It’s incomprehensible at the moment.
I don't know how breakfast got in there :lol: Must be this daft new update on the Fire text entry. However, as you are so simple you can't understand the rest of it because of one word...

There are currently millions of Muslims in France.
So, she wasn't refused entry because she was muslim.
Unless she is the only one that does this there will currently be French citizens who also would refuse. What are they going to do, find them and report them?

There you go. Simple enough even for you.

Back