Is this the big one...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you read the first post in the link I posted ?
The Periodic Table isn't "The Earth's Periodic Table" it applies to the Universe since the Universe originated from the same point. If it wasn't all made of the same "stuff" governed by same Laws they wouldn't be Laws.
If you go to the Moon the Law of Gravity still applies. Moon rock is made of the same elements as Earth rock.

You're off on a tangent.

The periodic table stops at atomic number 118 because that's the most protons that we humans have seen in an element. That's why I called it "Earth's periodic table".

But that isn't considered to be all that's possible. In fact, it's considered that higher atomic numbers exist and are likely to be more stable. Though no-one knows what "more stable" means - half lives of milliseconds to millions of years.

So the periodic table can be considered extensible. It also has holes at lower, stable atomic numbers corresponding to elements which don't exist naturally on Earth.

Are you then saying that all other bodies in the universe must have same elemental profile as Earth?

I'll settle for extratesticular life at my age.
You want a spare bollock? I suppose that could come in handy. Fnarr.

Last edited:
You're off on a tangent.

The periodic table stops at atomic number 118 because that's the most protons that we humans have seen in an element. That's why I called it "Earth's periodic table".

But that isn't considered to be all that's possible. In fact, it's considered that higher atomic numbers exist and are likely to be more stable. Though no-one knows what "more stable" means - half lives of milliseconds to millions of years.

So the periodic table can be considered extensible. It also has holes at lower, stable atomic numbers corresponding to elements which don't exist naturally on Earth.

Are you then saying that all other bodies in the universe must have same elemental profile as Earth?

You want a spare bollock? I suppose that could come in handy. Fnarr.

Logon or register to see this image

As if f***ing NASA would announce this - it'll be the White House or Putin (in a huff)
Apparently the only guidelines written on how to 'disclose' are written by SETI and they say the main press conference should be led (if they want to) by the actual team/person that made the discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back