Is this the attempted flip folk keep referring to?

He's been telling us all since he got here that his plan was to bring in other investors to join him, CM and JS as co-owners. That would mean selling some of his shares. It's not some kind of big scoop that he's been actively trying to do this.

His plan was always to stay on as a co-owner.

Now that he's been told to get out of the club, he's trying to sell the whole thing. He always said he would go when the fans wanted him to go. "The fans" have now told him they want him to go so he's going.

It was never meant to be a "quick flip".

You seemed very sure that "every point was true" so I figured you'd find it more easily. If you don't want to back up your statements with actual evidence then don't expect me to believe it.

I'd be very surprised if any story printed in The Sun ever about anything was completely true. It's like the "reality show" of newspapers.
This comes across as a severe lack of backbone if it's the real reason hes selling up. Plenty of owners have made mistakes and suffered the wrath of supporters but gone on to turn that relationship around. I can remember us playing Notts county away late eight or early nineties and the Sunderland fans were singing for Murray's head (we were relegated at half time but cambridge fucked their second half up and went instead of us). But now hes looked back on with fondness. If Donald truely doesn't want to go then he should just man up and stand his ground if he really wants to sell then sell it but dont use what the fans say as a justification

That will be one of them, yes. Selling majority share within a year and keeping a portion to make an increased profit if/when we get back to the PL using someone else's cash.

He would be stupid to sell 100% in league 1. He seems to have changed tact with FPP with a PL bonus for the sale rumoured to be one of the hitches.

Change TACK

I don't know why but this one really bothers me

This comes across as a severe lack of backbone if it's the real reason hes selling up. Plenty of owners have made mistakes and suffered the wrath of supporters but gone on to turn that relationship around. I can remember us playing Notts county away late eight or early nineties and the Sunderland fans were singing for Murray's head (we were relegated at half time but cambridge fucked their second half up and went instead of us). But now hes looked back on with fondness. If Donald truely doesn't want to go then he should just man up and stand his ground if he really wants to sell then sell it but dont use what the fans say as a justification

That's all well and good for folks like yourself but there are plenty on here that would be calling him a liar for saying he'd go if the fans wanted him out and then staying after being told to go.

The bloke can't win whatever he does.

If he went out and bought Messi there'd be people on here complaining about the price we paid, the wages he'd be on, and the fact he's too old to fit "the Dortmund model". :lol:
Daily Mail

Nowt in there about FPP or SD "moving the goalposts" in an attempted sale.

Last edited:
That's all well and good for folks like yourself but there are plenty on here that would be calling him a liar for saying he'd go if the fans wanted him out and then staying after being told to go.

If he went out and bought Messi there'd be people on here complaining about the price we paid, the wages he'd be on, and the fact he's too old to fit "the Dortmund model". :lol:

No I agree whatever he does people will criticise him it's part and parcel of owning a club the size of ours so he needs a thicker skin. Look at fat Mike up the road hes constantly being criticised up to the point where he has people shouting at his shops. Does he care? Does he fuck he laughs at them when the turn up at a restaurant while hes eating and does that sly side face flip off to them.

Wasn't it written before they came forward?

Nope, old article that says nowt about what you were talking about.

I normally don’t weigh in on these debates, but a poster proved you wrong on a couple of posts on a thread the other day, now you’re using these Same arguments again. If I had the time I’d find it, unfortunately I don’t. Seen as your Donald’s biggest backer on here, answer all of these points, if I’m wrong on any of them I’ll hold my hands up, however some of them are facts.

These are the things me and a few of the lads discussed the other day.

We have a budget most championship clubs would be jealous of. We don’t need to let big players go, we can afford to keep them. If they do go the money will go back into the club. Then Let’s maja, cats, Oviedo, honeyman all go replaces, Maja fair enough. But the Doesn’t spend in the summer despite being desperate. His excuse is the Mark Campbell stuff (which he later claimed wasn’t that far advanced) stopped our recruitment.

We find out he uses the clubs own parachute money to buy the club. We find out he’s borrowed himself money and will “pay it back” when needed. Then loans the money back to the club at 6.5% interest.

Has Mark Campbell ready to buy us, gets as far as Ross meeting him, Stewy in the press saying it’s a takeover. at the last minute, Campbell pulls out. It’s then stated it was not a takeover.

Sticking with his “best mate” Ross, targeting 100 points, and states getting taken over by Americans. Tells the press he doesn’t know if the Americans still want him once they take over. The Americans pull out. Stewy Then comes out and says it weren’t a takeover, it’s an investment in SAFC the Americans still want the club, but want to invest first, sacks Ross at the same time to draw attention away from it. All of a sudden the loan is in Madrox and not SAFC?

He then spits his dummy out and starts saying he’s getting threats off the fans, because they question him. Then says the Americans will have the club if he fails to pay and that’s what we as the fans want.

Then his mate Charlie starts slating SAFC fans and the North East, he gets a order to stop them revealing it, tells them he’ll do nowt for them and no interviews if they say out.

Charlie leaves and Stewy goes into hiding, fanzines call him out and reveal the truth. He Spits his dummy out again, like a petulant child cos he can’t handle criticism, uses it as an excuse to say he’s selling the club despite him trying to make a profit since he got here.

He Starts attending his oxford games showing his true colours. Now all of a sudden the investment is in him and never in SAFC and he’s never touched the money so he’s paying it back. But he’ll still spend in the window, no doubt the club have a strategy and targets.

Form picks up, things looking brighter perfect opportunity to step up and back us, nope won’t pay that little bit extra for players like docherty. All of this while still spouting that we are in a great financial position.

Now tell me you can’t see at least one backtrack or untruth in all of that.......

I normally don’t weigh in on these debates, but a poster proved you wrong on a couple of posts on a thread the other day, now you’re using these Same arguments again. If I had the time I’d find it, unfortunately I don’t. Seen as your Donald’s biggest backer on here, answer all of these points, if I’m wrong on any of them I’ll hold my hands up, however some of them are facts.

We have a budget most championship clubs would be jealous of. We don’t need to let big players go, we can afford to keep them. If they do go the money will go back into the club. Then Let’s maja, cats, Oviedo, honeyman all go replaces, Maja fair enough. But the Doesn’t spend in the summer despite being desperate. His excuse is the Mark Campbell stuff (which he later claimed wasn’t that far advanced) stopped our recruitment.

We find out he uses the clubs own parachute money to buy the club. We find out he’s borrowed himself money and will “pay it back” when needed. Then loans the money back to the club at 6.5% interest.

Has Mark Campbell ready to buy us, gets as far as Ross meeting him, Stewy in the press saying it’s a takeover. at the last minute, Campbell pulls out. It’s then stated it was not a takeover.

Sticking with his “best mate” Ross, targeting 100 points, and states getting taken over by Americans. Tells the press he doesn’t know if the Americans still want him once they take over. The Americans pull out. Stewy Then comes out and says it weren’t a takeover, it’s an investment in SAFC the Americans still want the club, but want to invest first, sacks Ross at the same time to draw attention away from it. All of a sudden the loan is in Madrox and not SAFC?

He then spits his dummy out and starts saying he’s getting threats off the fans, because they question him. Then says the Americans will have the club if he fails to pay and that’s what we as the fans want.

Then his mate Charlie starts slating SAFC fans and the North East, he gets a order to stop them revealing it, tells them he’ll do nowt for them and no interviews if they say out.

Charlie leaves and Stewy goes into hiding, fanzines call him out and reveal the truth. He Spits his dummy out again, like a petulant child cos he can’t handle criticism, uses it as an excuse to say he’s selling the club despite him trying to make a profit since he got here.

He Starts attending his oxford games showing his true colours. Now all of a sudden the investment is in him and never in SAFC and he’s never touched the money so he’s paying it back. But he’ll still spend in the window, no doubt the club have a strategy and targets.

Form picks up, things looking brighter perfect opportunity to step up and back us, nope won’t pay that little bit extra for players like docherty. All of this while still spouting that we are in a great financial position.

Now tell me you can’t see at least one backtrack or untruth in all of that.......
Haven't read all of that and he might contradict himself at times but he often stated it would be better to get rid of the big wage earners as stopped us getting new faces in. Always pretty clear about that.
The parachute payments are a guarantee to Short if he couldn't pay, but not sure he has actually used those payments for Short. Do we know this? Might be true.
He also stated he wanted investors which he has got and could be very exciting.
I'm not his biggest fan but want him to stay. A load of speculative (nonsense imo) comments have been made and character assassination which seems very unfair.

Haven't read all of that and he might contradict himself at times but he often stated it would be better to get rid of the big wage earners as stopped us getting new faces in. Always pretty clear about that.
The parachute payments are a guarantee to Short if he couldn't pay, but not sure he has actually used those payments for Short. Do we know this? Might be true.
He also stated he wanted investors which he has got and could be very exciting.
I'm not his biggest fan but want him to stay. A load of speculative (nonsense imo) comments have been made and character assassination which seems very unfair.

To be fair mate, out of the lads I attend, me and one lad are level headed and try to see the bright side. The other two are stereotypical happy clappers, and are becoming very negative and agree he’s a bullshitter.

We’ll have to agree to disagree I’m not one to boo or anything at the match or be anti-anyone, but Donald has told lies and untruths. If not he’s thick as shit and can’t remember what he said the week before, which I refuse to believe can be true for a bloke with a fair bit.

For a bloke who claims to be transparent with fans, there's a lot of unanswered questions and controversy surrounding his actions over the last 6 months.

Couldn't shut him up when he first came, promising the world - now we're unable to sign exciting players, Docherty/Boyce etc. due to fees, and have only signed two loanees (albeit potentially good ones) - with no explanation from the owner.

I do like Donald but think he has contradicted himself a lot, and Methven has shown himself up as a bit of a posh bellend, which many suspected all along.

8 days left of the transfer window and I suppose whatever happens - or doesn't happen - will answer a lot of questions and prove who is right and who is wrong about the owners.

Last edited:

1. We have a budget most championship clubs would be jealous of.

2. We don’t need to let big players go, we can afford to keep them. If they do go the money will go back into the club. Then Let’s maja, cats, Oviedo, honeyman all go replaces, Maja fair enough.

3. But the Doesn’t spend in the summer despite being desperate.

4. His excuse is the Mark Campbell stuff (which he later claimed wasn’t that far advanced) stopped our recruitment.

5. We find out he uses the clubs own parachute money to buy the club. We find out he’s borrowed himself money and will “pay it back” when needed. Then loans the money back to the club at 6.5% interest.

6. Has Mark Campbell ready to buy us, gets as far as Ross meeting him, Stewy in the press saying it’s a takeover. at the last minute, Campbell pulls out. It’s then stated it was not a takeover.

7. Sticking with his “best mate” Ross,

8. targeting 100 points,

9. and states getting taken over by Americans.

10. Tells the press he doesn’t know if the Americans still want him once they take over.

11. The Americans pull out.

12. Stewy Then comes out and says it weren’t a takeover, it’s an investment in SAFC

13. the Americans still want the club,

14. but want to invest first,

15. sacks Ross at the same time to draw attention away from it.

16. All of a sudden the loan is in Madrox and not SAFC?

17. He then spits his dummy out and starts saying he’s getting threats off the fans, because they question him.

18. Then says the Americans will have the club if he fails to pay and that’s what we as the fans want.

19. Then his mate Charlie starts slating SAFC fans and the North East,

20. he gets a order to stop them revealing it,

21. tells them he’ll do nowt for them and no interviews if they say out.

22. Charlie leaves and Stewy goes into hiding,

23. fanzines call him out and reveal the truth.

24. He Spits his dummy out again, like a petulant child cos he can’t handle criticism, uses it as an excuse to say he’s selling the club despite him trying to make a profit since he got here.

25. He Starts attending his oxford games showing his true colours.

26. Now all of a sudden the investment is in him and never in SAFC

27. and he’s never touched the money so he’s paying it back.

28. But he’ll still spend in the window, no doubt the club have a strategy and targets.

29. Form picks up, things looking brighter perfect opportunity to step up and back us, nope won’t pay that little bit extra for players like docherty.

30. All of this while still spouting that we are in a great financial position.

OK, one by one:

1. Misquote. "budget a lot of Championship clubs would take". True.

2. We didn't "need" to let them go as far as our own budget is concerned, but League 1 wage rules meant if they did go we'd have breathing room to bring in other players. True.

3. We brought in a number of players in the summer. Some of our best players were free or very cheap. Money doesn't equal success. See Will Grigg. We also ended up with a more balanced squad this season whereas the previous season we'd been overloaded with samey central midfielders.

4. It probably did to an extent. If you're in the process of selling a major proportion of the shares in the club, it's probably not appropriate to spend a load of the club's money during the negotiations.

5. Bullshit. Bullshit and bullshit.

6. Yes, yes, yes. No, SD pulled the plug, not Campbell (to bring the Americans in instead). There's a lot of confusion in the fanbase about what constitutes a takeover. Having a majority share is a "full takeover" but to some people in the fanbase a "full takeover" means buying 100% of the shares. SD was going to be staying on as a shareholder in the Campbell deal. He wasn't going to be selling the entire club. Campbell said so himself.

7. I was fine with that. Ross had got us within one match of promotion and got us to a cup final in the process. Would have been madness to sack him without giving him a chance to improve on last season. When it became clear we weren't better than last season SD sacked Ross.

8. And?

9. A number of options were offered to the Americans, from the "almost 100% takeover" that Campbell had been close to completing to the deal we ended up with where they loan us some money to see how SD spends it.

10. He may well not have known at that point.

11. No they didn't, they went for a "lesser" option.

12. See 9 and 10.

13. No he didn't. He said they might want greater involvement in the future, you'd have to ask the Americans about their intentions because it's not his place to comment on someone else's plans.

14. See 9-13

15. "To draw attention away from it" :lol: haway man. :lol:

16. Loan is to Madrox, who would invest it in SAFC as a cash injection, allowing us to increase our wage budget, which we couldn't do if it were a loan because of League 1 wage rules. This is a good thing.

17. Have you seen the abuse he gets on here? What makes you think Twitter is any different?

18. Yeah, that's how secured loans work. There have supposedly been 30 such loans secured on the club in the last 50 years. Strangely this is the first one that fans have criticised.

19. Maybe so, and yes it was stupid especially for a PR guy, but considering the abuse he gets on here I'm not surprised he hit back at some point. He's gone from the board now so it's irrelevant.

20. Bullshit. All those meetings are confidential and everyone has to sign off on them, not just SAFC but the fan groups too. CM was out of the club immediately afterwards and SD stated that anything CM said wasn't representative of the club or of SD, after which a new meeting was organised for SD to answer the questions in a way that DOES represent the club.

21. Bullshit.

22. So? And no he didn't, he was dealing with personal stuff with his family.

23. Fanzines spit their dummies out and tell SD to leave.

24. SD says "OK, I don't want to go but if you don't want me here then I'll go." Fanzines get what they want. SD then accused of having no backbone just because he stuck to his word that he'd leave when the fans didn't want him anymore.

25. Bullshit. He was IN OXFORD visiting his son but not at their matches. Rumour started because some Hartlepool fans in the city centre had asked him for a photo with them.

26. Not all of a sudden.

27. So? Actually what he said was that he "COULD" just pay it straight back but hadn't decided what he was going to do yet.

28. And?

29. Docherty is just one of the midfield targets we're looking at. It's not over yet and we may still get him. By the sound of PP in today's pre-match interview he isn't our primary target for that position, so you're twisting the truth to say "SD wouldn't pay the extra for him".

30. We are. If you evidence to the contrary please present it.

The Whirlwind Of Bullshit really is in full effect with you isn't it?

OK, one by one:

2. We didn't "need" to let them go as far as our own budget is concerned, but League 1 wage rules meant if they did go we'd have breathing room to bring in other players. True.

3. We brought in a number of players in the summer. Some of our best players were free or very cheap. Money doesn't equal success. See Will Grigg. We also ended up with a more balanced squad this season whereas the previous season we'd been overloaded with samey central midfielders.

4. It probably did to an extent. If you're in the process of selling a major proportion of the shares in the club, it's probably not appropriate to spend a load of the club's money during the negotiations.

6. Yes, yes, yes. No, SD pulled the plug, not Campbell (to bring the Americans in instead). There's a lot of confusion in the fanbase about what constitutes a takeover. Having a majority share is a "full takeover" but to some people in the fanbase a "full takeover" means buying 100% of the shares. SD was going to be staying on as a shareholder in the Campbell deal. He wasn't going to be selling the entire club. Campbell said so himself.

7. I was fine with that. Ross had got us within one match of promotion and got us to a cup final in the process. Would have been madness to sack him without giving him a chance to improve on last season. When it became clear we weren't better than last season SD sacked Ross.

8. And?

9. A number of options were offered to the Americans, from the "almost 100% takeover" that Campbell had been close to completing to the deal we ended up with where they loan us some money to see how SD spends it.

12. See 9 and 10.

13. No he didn't. He said they might want greater involvement in the future, you'd have to ask the Americans about their intentions because it's not his place to comment on someone else's plans.

14. See 9-13

16. Loan is to Madrox, who would invest it in SAFC as a cash injection, allowing us to increase our wage budget, which we couldn't do if it were a loan because of League 1 wage rules. This is a good thing.

17. Have you seen the abuse he gets on here? What makes you think Twitter is any different?

18. Yeah, that's how secured loans work. There have supposedly been 30 such loans secured on the club in the last 50 years. Strangely this is the first one that fans have criticised.

19. Maybe so, and yes it was stupid especially for a PR guy, but considering the abuse he gets on here I'm not surprised he hit back at some point. He's gone from the board now so it's irrelevant.

20. Bullshit. All those meetings are confidential and everyone has to sign off on them, not just SAFC but the fan groups too. CM was out of the club immediately afterwards and SD stated that anything CM said wasn't representative of the club or of SD, after which a new meeting was organised for SD to answer the questions in a way that DOES represent the club.

21. Bullshit.

24. SD says "OK, I don't want to go but if you don't want me here then I'll go." Fanzines get what they want. SD then accused of having no backbone just because he stuck to his word that he'd leave when the fans didn't want him anymore.

25. Bullshit. He was IN OXFORD visiting his son but not at their matches. Rumour started because some Hartlepool fans in the city centre had asked him for a photo with them.

26. Not all of a sudden.

27. So? Actually what he said was that he "COULD" just pay it straight back but hadn't decided what he was going to do yet.

28. And?

29. Docherty is just one of the midfield targets we're looking at. It's not over yet and we may still get him. By the sound of PP in today's pre-match interview he isn't our primary target for that position, so you're twisting the truth to say "SD wouldn't pay the extra for him".

In addition there seems to be very little focus on the good signings of which the majority are. There is an element of a gamble with all signings.
OK, one by one:

8. And?

12. See 9 and 10.

14. See 9-13

21. Bullshit.

26. Not all of a sudden.

28. And?

OK, one by one:

8. And?

12. See 9 and 10.

14. See 9-13

21. Bullshit.

26. Not all of a sudden.

28. And?

See my previous post mate, when it comes to SAFC me and the lads who I attend with are as level headed as they come.

You’ve confirmed a lot of contradictions yourself in your post. I just think your too blinded. It’s a shame ya can’t attend as I’d be happy for you to sit and have a pint with us, you’d see just how level headed we actually are. We aren’t caught up in anything, and I’m happy to admit some of what I’ve said is purely word of mouth. But we stand by the fact the blokes a very bad liar at times.

Back