Is there one black comedian

I heard a story that he was offered a lot of money (millions) to make a return to stand-up and he turned it down on the basis he didn't have anything to say.

Fair play if true rather than just go through the motions as a pale shadow of his previous act. He will already be a multi-millionaire to begin with anyway.
Shame he didn't say no to his later film career.

I hope this improves, because the first 15m have been awful. :lol:
You aren't wired up properly.
OK, he just about kept me entertained but he fell a long way short of "brilliant" for me. I'm glad I've seen it, but I won't be out recommending it to anyone and probably won't ever watch it a second time.

Thanks for the recommendation though. Killed an hour or so. :)
I feel sad inside for you. :( :( :(

Last edited:
Ah, don't cry for me, Angstromtina.

There are plenty of comedians I do love, like Dara O'Briain, Stewart Lee, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran...
I'm only joking. People like different things. But the only one I like out of those is Lee because his character is quite interesting.

I'm only joking. People like different things. But the only one I like out of those is Lee because his character is quite interesting.

Have you ever seen Dara O'Briain's actual stand-up rather than just his panel show hosting stuff?

I only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago after having known him as a TV personality for years and it just blew me away.

Give this a go:

Have you ever seen Dara O'Briain's actual stand-up rather than just his panel show hosting stuff?

I only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago after having known him as a TV personality for years and it just blew me away.

Give this a go:

Life is too short.

Life is too short.

:lol:

Haway man, I watched the entire show that you recommended when I wasn't even enjoying it at all for the first half an hour or so. :lol:

Give it a gan. At least give it 15 minutes to see how it goes. :)

And then when you've realised how funny he is, try this one afterwards. I've just watched it again for about the 15th time and I'm in tears of laughter:

Chris Tucker do standup? I would imagine I've squied it but can't quite place it.

Other than that I haven't noticed many funny black lads; I can't stand Chappelle or D. Hunter or Rock (absolutely shocking). Haven't seen Murphy, but he was canny funny in a couple early films.
Can't remember Pryor except for Brewster's Millions and he is cacky in it/on PCP the whole time.

If he'd said tall comedians are generally not funny would you be equally indignant?
He didn't say generally ,he was quite precise ,and writing off a whole group of anyone is equally barmy . Whats your slant on black people not capable of being a comedian ?
Your post doesn't make any sense because I've already said I used to find Pryor and Murphy really good..both black.
Sense ? The irony

Last edited:
He didn't say generally ,he was quite precise ,and writing off a whole group of anyone is equally barmy . Whats your slant on black people not capable of being a comedian ?

What if he had been precise about never finding a tall comedian funny?

All straight white men.

You disgust me. ;)

Are they? I hadn't noticed. Pure coincidence. I don't even see skin colour or sexuality anymore. ;)

We're all just one nation under a rainbow groove. :cool:
What if he had been precise about never finding a tall comedian funny?

Then we could have pointed out what a ridiculous discriminatory stance that was too.

Or hired him some oompa loompas to keep him entertained.

Last edited:
Then we could have pointed out what a ridiculous discriminatory stance that was too.

But it was not discriminatory, it was simply a personal observation of his IMO. In my experience (I don't watch comedians much) fat ones tend to be the funniest.

Back