Is there anyone in favour of sticking with Parkinson?

I think he's got to go because, if he isn't the right man and never will be, why would we waste a transfer window on him? We've got a fair few players out of contract come the summer which would allow another (budget) recruitment drive, the last thing we want is for that to be hampered by a new swathe of poor cloggers in a PP mould coming in now on 2 year deals. If we can identify a manager who plays a decent style (and who maybe, whisper it, has a bit of character and passion to him) then it would make more sense to get him in now. We could let him use January to start getting players he wants, effectively accept that promotion is unlikely, but use the second half of the season to get the style in place, working, hopefully enthusing the fans again and getting us set to complete the recruitment job in the summer. If Parkinson limps on until February, or even the end of the season, it's a big ask again for the next man to get us up first time of asking next season

Thinking of the cash.

I wouldn't let PP sign anyone, nor do I think his replacement should be naming players, that side should be club lead and the manager should be picked on the basis that he fits in with what the club is trying to do.

Im just trying to say no one really knows what they want for the club nor manager and until that is decided upon, you're most likely to heap more shit on the us by thrashing about wildly.

Whats the best that could happen by appointing someone new now? Do we need another bounce? Were all addicted to sacking managers and whilst were all concentrating on the that the real issue continues to be diagnosed.

Some proper big lumps who can play proper big lumpy football of a proper big lumpy football fashion would get us out of this league

They’d also get us relegated from the Championship and linger around like a bad smell picking up their wedges for 2/3 years playing a style no one has advocated since to early nineties.

Thinking of the cash.

I wouldn't let PP sign anyone, nor do I think his replacement should be naming players, that side should be club lead and the manager should be picked on the basis that he fits in with what the club is trying to do.

Im just trying to say no one really knows what they want for the club nor manager and until that is decided upon, you're most likely to heap more shit on the us by thrashing about wildly.

Whats the best that could happen by appointing someone new now? Do we need another bounce? Were all addicted to sacking managers and whilst were all concentrating on the that the real issue continues to be diagnosed.
We need a new manager, I don't think we need new players.
This squad should be good enough to be in the top 4 or 5
Yes, we'd love to add some pace and power to the team, but any decent manager would find a way to play to the strengths of the team instead of what Parkinson is doing

We need a new manager, I don't think we need new players.
This squad should be good enough to be in the top 4 or 5
Yes, we'd love to add some pace and power to the team, but any decent manager would find a way to play to the strengths of the team instead of what Parkinson is doing

I disagree but such is life, had we kept Ross I imagine we would have been playoffs.

Everyone keeps talking about Donald being unable to afford to sack him, its not his money, its the clubs that will be used. Until someone knows how to use it effectively, stop chucking it up against the wall imo.

You shouldn't just get to fritter our budget in an attempt to fix stupid decision after decision.

If Donald got someone to take on the club, I would agree PP should be replaced immediately.

Ethel only thing in favour of giving him the transfer window is he should at least know what this division needs and might therefore bring in some pace and physicality given a decent budget. Two or three big, quick, determined players and we'd be in a much better position. Of course a better, more forward thinking manager being allowed to bring those players in would be preferable but not convinced we could attract anyone of note now.

It’s sometimes difficult to gauge fan opinion accurately when you look at twitter and rtg but I’m curious if anyone would stick with PP and if so, why?
He just needs more time and 3 transfer windows... In truth tho, The only managers I think should have been sacked in the last decade will sadly be the ones who evade it (Moyes and Phil Parkinson)... I would have kept Coleman, Ross, Grayson in the name of stability

Back