Is there anyone in favour of sticking with Parkinson?

It’s sometimes difficult to gauge fan opinion accurately when you look at twitter and rtg but I’m curious if anyone would stick with PP and if so, why?
It doesnt matter about us sticking with parki donald wont get rid ........we will scrape a few results that will keep us around mid table and parki a job ..the football will be terrible and i for one am sick of it ......We will have to lose the next three games before donald might pull the trigger!

We should have stuck with Jack Ross if we wanted stability. At this point just sack this fool and try Kevin Phillips because it can't get any worse.
I think the majority of this board did not want Parkinson here but we are here know stuck with him so I would hold on him until after the New Year at least & if this get worse then pull the plug. Odds are he is with us until the end of the season contracts cost money to pay up...

Last edited:
I think the majority of this board did not want Parkinson here but we are here know stuck with him so I would hold on him until after the New Year at least & if this get worse then pull the plug. Odds are he is with us until the end of the season contracts cost money to pay up...

Do you think it will get better?

I'm not in favour and would like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting on Thursday, surely if the plug is going to be pulled on PP it would be then and if not, the logic of retaining him which is completely beyond most of us, would at least be understood.
The irony of Grayson being at the SoL on Saturday and having a little giggle to himself isn't lost on me either.

What has he done thus far to suggest he will? Shall I answer that for you?

He has done nowt- im not daft- nobody apart from zero experienced gaffers want it- turned down by wycombe boss - the fact is managers know that you get very little time here and working for donald is no fun - its no secret yhe state we are in, in short we are fucked

Parkinson should have been sacked when we were not playing for 101 days or however long it was, look at Watford, Flores sacked Pearson in, its about money and they cannot afford to sack him and went for the cheapest option, scrimping on the manager and squad is not getting you out of the division.

He was brought in because he was a cheap option and obviously talked the talk when interviewed. An easy choice to make when your primary intent is cutting costs. Finding he is out of his depth, any savvy businessman would cut his losses and get somebody else in before, what little available cash we have, is wasted by him in the transfer window. Football is a cutthroat business. You live and die by your results.

He has done nowt- im not daft- nobody apart from zero experienced gaffers want it- turned down by wycombe boss - the fact is managers know that you get very little time here and working for donald is no fun - its no secret yhe state we are in, in short we are fucked
He is a rancid manager with a rancid footballing philosophy.

I've only ever twice in my lifetime been totally against employing a specific manager, the first was Simon Grayson and the second Phil Parkinson.

I would have preferred Philips to get the job ahead of this buffoon.

I didn't really want the Wycombe boss either.

Yes. I believe you may be.

well, that's me told.
He is a rancid manager with a rancid footballing philosophy.

I've only ever twice in my lifetime been totally against employing a specific manager, the first was Simon Grayson and the second Phil Parkinson.

I would have preferred Philips to get the job ahead of this buffoon.

I didn't really want the Wycombe boss either.

Look, I'm not going to argue with pissed off fans as I'm one. I don't have the answers and all I want is a better team. When was the last time we had a deafening atmosphere? Can hear individual players during the match now.

Last edited:
We have a chap who chose him as the standout candidate. He obviously is not of the mindset to be able to identify what is required.

Would cost the club lots of money and we would look a bit daft.

I dont think hoping for bounces is conducive to a well ran football club. Also, the probable upside is the play offs at best, whats the point when we are so badly prepared for it?

Parkinson is not the right man, never will be, but sacking him, I dont know.

I think he's got to go because, if he isn't the right man and never will be, why would we waste a transfer window on him? We've got a fair few players out of contract come the summer which would allow another (budget) recruitment drive, the last thing we want is for that to be hampered by a new swathe of poor cloggers in a PP mould coming in now on 2 year deals. If we can identify a manager who plays a decent style (and who maybe, whisper it, has a bit of character and passion to him) then it would make more sense to get him in now. We could let him use January to start getting players he wants, effectively accept that promotion is unlikely, but use the second half of the season to get the style in place, working, hopefully enthusing the fans again and getting us set to complete the recruitment job in the summer. If Parkinson limps on until February, or even the end of the season, it's a big ask again for the next man to get us up first time of asking next season

well, that's me told.

Look, I'm not going to argue with pissed off fans as I'm one. I don't have the answers and all I want is a better team. When was the last time we had a deafening atmosphere? Can hear individual players during the match now.
Not arguing with you marra, we actually sound in the same boat!

Sadly I think Donald will stick with him as the club don’t have owt to pay him off even though the players don’t want him especially the clique. Personally I’d try very hard for Warnock before he goes to Teeside and bring Philips as his assistant, this IS the only way to get the fans back onside and neither of them will take any crap from the current players.The whole place would be buzzing again!

Back