Is there a correct way to stir a cup of tea?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44322

I mean scientifically?

My 10 year old reckons it has to be a forward and backward motion with the spoon rather than fast circles (which is what I do). Is that actually a fact does anyone know?

If you've got sugar in it and you want it to dissolve, then you're best off stirring one way until the tea is turning in a vortex, then stir in the opposite direction to cause more chaotic movement until it's vortexing in the opposite direction, then the first way again and so on until you're sure it's dissolved.

If you've got sugar in it and you want it to dissolve, then you're best off stirring one way until the tea is turning in a vortex, then stir in the opposite direction to cause more chaotic movement until it's vortexing in the opposite direction, then the first way again and so on until you're sure it's dissolved.
I do take sugar so will have to give this method a try with my next cup. Thanks!

Up and down creates more turbulence and will help sugar dissolve better.
Daughter reckons it makes the cup taste better doing it that way, releases the flavour or something, but I'm just not convinced! My circular made tea has, generally, always been ok.

Anyone who's worked with Yorkshiremen will know the correct way to "stir" a cup of tea is to mash the bejeesus out of the bag- hence the expression "get mash on", meaning brew up. If you like tea strong, like a man (or woman, or half rice/ half chips as some people want to identify as these days, I'm not judging those who like strong tea) then mashing is the way to go

Can’t beat a bit of tea related chaotic vortexing that’s for sure.

Freedom of Movement applies to stirring tea across EU member states but post-Brexit we will be enabled to negotiate other methods and have the right to stir tea in any way we like without referring to nameless bureaucrats.

It should be a ‘piece of cake’ (on a flowery plate next to the tea)

Back