Is the lockdown going to be extended?

Sadly there will always be the idiots, the selfish, the criminals, and the ignorant in the human race . They act accordingly, so when things get serious something needs to be done.
Maybe the recent massive publicity and outcry about gatherings will register with some tho , or as usual the actions of a few will cause repercussions for the many.
( see how I resisted the desire to write “reaper cushions” in respect of the seriousness 😄 )

Not many like, also I see some people are getting slated for just walking through a park.

Fair enough sun bathers, BBQ people, get them fined and removed, those just walking aren't doing anything wrong

if people dont want that to happen, either ban excercise or close parks.

I got for a walk int he park every day, 30 mins, there and back, others about but I keep my distance

If they were going to do that they may as well introduce rationing, order deliveries and close the supermarkets. The fallout from a stricter lockdown could exceed the shit we're seeing due to covid-19 now in the long term.

If they were going to do that they may as well introduce rationing, order deliveries and close the supermarkets. The fallout from a stricter lockdown could exceed the shit we're seeing due to covid-19 now in the long term.

I just think people walking in parks are made out to be the devil

it’s a massive distraction like,bit like Hancock calling out footballers

No it's not. How do you know for sure that once the NHS can handle cases safely restrictions will be lifted? It's a cure that is going to eradicate the virus not hospital treatment and a cure it years away from being developed and approved.
I don't know - it's my opinion based on how other countries dealt with the likes of SARS and MERS.

There will be no cure - we will not eradicate it. We haven't eradicated flu for God's sake. What will happen is enough people will get it, survive (the vast, vast majority based on current expectations) and develop some level of immunity, as with flu. The scientists will then develop vaccines to (hopefully) reduce the impact of any future outbreaks, as with flu.

You're saying we need to prepare for the end of the world/society - give your head a shake, man.

I don't know - it's my opinion based on how other countries dealt with the likes of SARS and MERS.

There will be no cure - we will not eradicate it. We haven't eradicated flu for God's sake. What will happen is enough people will get it, survive (the vast, vast majority based on current expectations) and develop some level of immunity, as with flu. The scientists will then develop vaccines to (hopefully) reduce the impact of any future outbreaks, as with flu.

You're saying we need to prepare for the end of the world/society - give your head a shake, man.
The only difference I suppose is flu simply mutates, let’s hope this fucker doesn’t.

Does anyone know what the policy is in my case.

I live in the SW and have a mother in NE living alone who had a stroke a few years back and is now suffering from part dementia / acute anxiety...

I've got 2 siblings in NE who visit her regularly / daily. But one has had to stop due to health risk issues and the other is still making it by bus - but with reservations.

I normally drive the 250 miles up every month or so to stay 4 or 5 nights - to help her & take the strain off others.

Do you think I'd be stopped en route & sent back ? I know I can drive up in one stint with zero contact with others..

I have evidence of her condition/ dementia

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to
For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free
Do what they do just to be nothing more than something they invest in

Bob knars

:lol:

You're very precious. There's been no revolution here in Spain just yet. Relax.

It is however limiting people's movements and interactions will limit the spread of the virus and deaths.

Last edited:

They show pictures of people walking in the park - like they are committing some vile heinous act.

Yet the guidelines say " you may walk in the park once per day "

As long has it's the local park , they're not driving or taking a bus there- and they maintain distance from other walkers - I don't see a major issue.

90% of virus transmission occurs cooped up in the home or office - haven't we still got peopke working in offices & call centres ?

I've seen evidence of younger people / students gathering in back gardens / homes- that's a much bigger threat than walking in the park

:lol:

You're very precious. There's been no revolution here in Spain just yet. Relax.

It is however limiting people's movements and interactions will limit the spread of the virus and deaths.

I didn't mean revolution I meant suicide and people struggling to afford to eat. Very real problems with food banks before all this additional strain on the welfare state

Back