Is the lockdown going to be extended?

Reckon if Boris gets it bad they'll think even harder before lifting any restrictions. Not that it should be any different to anyone else getting it and ending up in a bad way but reckon that's how it will go

The Queen's just addressed the nation, the PM's in hospital and Hancock's talking about banning outdoor exercise...meanwhile 3000+ people have died of the virus in the past 5 days. No chance of this lockdown being lifted any time soon IMO, if anything restrictions will become stricter.

The Queen's just addressed the nation, the PM's in hospital and Hancock's talking about banning outdoor exercise...meanwhile 3000+ people have died of the virus in the past 5 days. No chance of this lockdown being lifted any time soon IMO, if anything restrictions will become stricter.

3000 people have not died of the virus .3000 people have died who HAD the virus-when they died . The cause of death is not necessarily the virus.

every day they say xxx people have died today who tested positive for covid 19, it’s a contributing reason, not sole reason.

Well they would if something more strict was enforced - eg fines or imprisonment.
That kid over here that was caught going to see his mates six times got a month in the nick, should have give him the full six as the law says.
Lot out and about in Paris with the warm weather don't seem to give a fuck.

3000 people have not died of the virus .3000 people have died who HAD the virus-when they died . The cause of death is not necessarily the virus.

every day they say xxx people have died today who tested positive for covid 19, it’s a contributing reason, not sole reason.

Correct, the Health expert said today that we have to include anyone who died having been tested positive as we have to be above board about the virus.

i wonder how many other countries are doing the same!

I understand the normal death daily death toll is about 300 and a lot of those could just have tested positive and been included.

Last edited:
Reckon if Boris gets it bad they'll think even harder before lifting any restrictions. Not that it should be any different to anyone else getting it and ending up in a bad way but reckon that's how it will go
The decision will be made on the numbers, not on one particular case. However I think the the fact that events are being cancelled for June/July tell you something. Public Health England will be advising on this. They won't be cancelling because of what's on the news.

Correct, the Health expert said today that we have to include anyone who died having been tested positive as we have to be above board about the virus.

Not Germany!. When this is all over, that’s stats on other types of deaths for jan-May will be through the floor.

Why have they chosen this blanket method rather than accurately reporting. Then again I’m sure that things are more than stretched to do this

I understand the normal death daily death toll is about 300 and a lot of those could just have tested positive and been included.

I thought the average daily rate was closer to 1500 tbh

Last edited:
The decision will be made on the numbers, not on one particular case. However I think the the fact that events are being cancelled for June/July tell you something. Public Health England will be advising on this. They won't be cancelling because of what's on the news.
Think events are done until a vaccine/some sort of herd immunity

Not many like, also I see some people are getting slated for just walking through a park.

Fair enough sun bathers, BBQ people, get them fined and removed, those just walking aren't doing anything wrong

if people dont want that to happen, either ban excercise or close parks.

I got for a walk int he park every day, 30 mins, there and back, others about but I keep my distance

Nowt wrong with that. People all sitting about though....

Some NHS boards are forcing their back office admin staff into the offices, even when they have the ability to work from home - going against their own advice/orders!

Some of my colleagues in other organisations (neither I nor them are NHS) are in the office because their employers simply don't have the network capacity to have everyone WFH.

Not defending the idiots in London BUT it has many thousands of people living in flats with very little green space to go around. Would be good to see an imaginative solution like timed tickets for park access.

Some of my colleagues in other organisations (neither I nor them are NHS) are in the office because their employers simply don't have the network capacity to have everyone WFH.

NHS are backs to the walls. Me Mam can work from home in her role but is being redeployed this week in another manner to support the frontline in some way.

Back