Is the Haka cultural appropriation?

And given he’s white, in a non-white country white a non-white partner it would actually be really interesting to get his views on cultural appropriation and to have a nuanced discussion about it. But, sadly not.
There a few people on here that do nuance. Not many mind. A lot of people's discussions come across like a tsunami of being right. That's why I like to question or as some people say be contrary.

at uni, our captain and one other lad were Tongan, and we did a sipi tau on our last game of the season (we won the league unbeaten). is that cultural appropriation?

for the record, i have no problem with the haka. they have to listen to an anthem of a nation that raped and pillaged their country. give and take tbf.

really? i think its class live.
Seen it live several times and it’s jmoressive granted.

Just don’t think they should be allowed. They get enough special treatment from the refs without everyone having to dawn over their little war dance.

When teams stand up to them they cry like fuck about if and World rugby slaps a sanction on them.

Just don’t think they should be allowed. They get enough special treatment from the refs without everyone having to dawn over their little war dance.

When teams stand up to them they cry like fuck about if and World rugby slaps a sanction on them.
All the other Pacific's do like Fiji Tonga Samoa. I get what you're saying tho, they whine like fuck and get decisions 24/7. Then again, it's an attraction to the sport and gets bums on seats.

The other team just have to stand and watch them like?

Back