Is the 2019/20 season really that disastrous???

League One is chockablock with mediocre teams like ourselves.
That is the reason we are not far behind but are pretty shit, normally it wouldn’t make any sense but it’s fairly easy to understand.

If we were in the Championship playing the same way we’d be pretty fucked.

We've got to stay in touch until the January window and then hope the club not only deliver in the 5/6 players coming in but also that they provide us with an immediate boost in quality to enable the side to go on a long run of wins.

From 1st Feb to the end of the season there's still 45 points up for grabs.

Knocked out of one joke cup... Drew in both league and FA Cup and ultimately knocked out after 90 mins off opposition in our division!

However we are only 3 points behind free scoring champions elect Peterborough with 2 games in hand... Nobody won or lost anything in November!!!

Get behind the team see what happens eh?

People need to forget about all this.. "we are x points behind" stuff. The way we are playing means we wont go up. Got to hope something drastic happens either nownor in January.

Hello guys,I will tell you,i will bey very careful what I say on this board.Yes people on here are having at the club right now,my god Sunderland football club is very to hard to support.We had problems to be honset.Look at them up the road they have a in humam greedy lryling asshole.I think we most not take the cups before the league we need to get out,well look at Leeds and Sheff Wed and look it took Sheff Utd3.4. 5 years and look they are doing well right now.Our owners are not going to stay for too future at our club,ownerships of clubs is going to change within next year or the next apart from Newcastle as Ashley can not be removed becasue he thinks the mags worth more in his own outraged views.We are have to build probley staying in league one is not the point,yes do not get wrong we have been shocking and a shamblesfrom top and bottom.Well look on the brightside we are stable off the field,Steward,Co do not have bottomless of pits of money like Man City,Liverpool are doing well what they got.We are no lesser than anybody esle,we go have go be,where we are right now

Last edited:
Standard of performances have dropped since last season and those weren't good enough to get us promoted. We missed the chance to appoint a manager that could lift the supporters and the team when Ross left.

yes i go bye that,we had goalscoring problems for long time,not just season or last,the 10 years we had under Short,ex chairman Bob Murray should keep his mouth about our club being mismanged he was part of problems with 19 ,15 seasons.

Knocked out of one joke cup... Drew in both league and FA Cup and ultimately knocked out after 90 mins off opposition in our division!

However we are only 3 points behind free scoring champions elect Peterborough with 2 games in hand... Nobody won or lost anything in November!!!

It's not disastrous yet, but it threatens to be. The cups are, of course, neither here not there, but the performances gave serious cause for concern.

Hello guys,I will tell you,i will bey very careful what I say on this board.Yes people on here are having at the club right now,my god Sunderland football club is very to hard to support.We had problems to be honset.Look at them up the road they have a in humam greedy lryling asshole.I think we most not take the cups before the league we need to get out,well look at Leeds and Sheff Wed and look it took Sheff Utd3.4. 5 years and look they are doing well right now.Our owners are not going to stay for too future at our club,ownerships of clubs is going to change within next year or the next apart from Newcastle as Ashley can not be removed becasue he thinks the mags worth more in his own outraged views.We are have to build probley staying in league one is not the point,yes do not get wrong we have been shocking and a shamblesfrom top and bottom.Well look on the brightside we are stable off the field,Steward,Co do not have bottomless of pits of money like Man City,Liverpool are doing well what they got.We are no lesser than anybody esle,we go have go be,where we are right now

preparation ceremony to fuck the mags, aye

This is just it though, taking each season in isolation, fighting fires. It is all absolutely conducive to being rubbish.
This is it though. We are fighting fires NOT building bridges if you like. Getting along for now not looking for tomorrow. We must get out of this league but all we seem to be doing is keeping our heads above water.

Think you've been anything but careful with your post punctuation, marra... With all due respect, It's like one of those emails in me junk file

Its wierd. I think most people would point to having too many games to play towards the end of last season as being one of the prime reasons we didn't go up.

And then in turn, most people were happy to "get the cups out of the way" this season. And we have done.

I think its just that we've been playing utterly shit, that's causing the worry. Losing with the kids in the cups is one thing, but what we've been doing is another.

That said, its a long season - plenty of time to turn it around.

I am behind the team and I back them financially with my sc (though I chose to duff the Gills game after the hapless performance v Leicester Young uns) but it is very poor results wise and performance wise.
And anyone who believes we are going to get 6 points from the next 2 games is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Back