Is sending people into space a waste of time?

There is a 100% chance that life on earth will become unsustainable & indeed the sun will burn out at so,e point , so as a species it is essential we become multi planetary and ultimately able to transcend galaxies.
I think it was Stephen Hawking who said something similar. The earth is like having all your eggs in one basket if you drop that basket everything is gone.
We need to have the ability to live on other planets to ensure The species survives .
What we are doing now is the baby steps to eventually achieving that.

I think it was Stephen Hawking who said something similar. The earth is like having all your eggs in one basket if you drop that basket everything is gone.
We need to have the ability to live on other planets to ensure The species survives .
What we are doing now is the baby steps to eventually achieving that.

If we can't be trusted as a custodian of this planet then we shouldn't be looking to go fuck up another one.

Its absolutely essential imo. This ground work has to be done now if we want to get out there in the future. We’ll all be long dead but once the earth is finally fucked we’ll need to move somewhere else.

This. If there is a "meaning of life" it's to continue the species. In the short term that just means we shag and pass our genes on (not me and you shagging, although I'm sure you'd be a mint shag like). Long term though we know our species is destined to be fucked because we know the earth will eventually be fucked so it's pretty vital we go into space and try to find somewhere else to colonise. Anyway, after that I'm off for a pint and put the match on, survival of the species can piss off until the final whistle

I heard Tim Peake on the radio today and he mentioned that billions upon billions had been spent on space travel and moon landings but other than ego, what has it ever achieved?
No.

One day we need to leave this planet. The way we are treating it, it could be sooner rather than later

Back