Is Ronnie O'Sullivan making a good point?

Nikki Lauda moved heaven and earth to get him to Mercedes.

He knew what an outstanding talent he was.

Put all the drivers in a Haas or Williams and he'd still win.

He's that good.

As a nation we need to wake up, he's top 5 all time greatest driver's for me and possibly top 3 greatest UK sports men of all time.
People don’t like him.
They will never give him the credit he deserves because of his political views

Just revisited this thread then realised we're comparing snooker to Racing, where people die quite regularly.
Let's face it drivers in Formula Ford have put in more hours and dedication than Ronnie and I'm more a snooker fan than car racing

People don’t like him.
They will never give him the credit he deserves because of his political views

I get that.

He's said some silly things in the past, as he often engaged mouth before brain.

Now that he's become more political he was always going to rub some folk up the wrong way.

Muhammad Ali became quite unpopular due to his outspoken views in the 60s, history shows he was right.

With a genuinely good man in power across the pond there are likely to be some significant changes to the way the authorities deal with racial issues.

Hamilton may be seen in a completely different light himself soon.

It's absolute nonsense. Hamilton has won championships in the past where his teammate has finished 5th or 7th which prove that it's not all about the car. He tends to be in the best cars more often for 2 reasons:

1) He earned a good drive by winning titles at Formula Renault, F3 and GP2.

2) He plays a major part in making the cars as good as they are. He does so much testing and gets involved in the set up to minute details. He's part engineer and part strategist in addition to being a great driver.

Its a completely ignorant viewpoint to be honest.

Back