Is Ronnie O'Sullivan making a good point?

If the cars are not created equal then obviously the better cars will give those drivers an advantage.

If all the cars were exactly the same...would Hamilton still win?

I can't think of a sport that has fewer variables than snooker. If you have technique as good as Ronnie's the ability to win or lose is all between his ears. In motor racing you can still come a cropper even in the fastest car as you are operating in a much more varied environment.

If anyone could win in that car why do his team pay him millions to drive for them? Presumably they could hire a test driver from the worst team and pay them peanuts. But they don't so Ronnie's opinion is clearly bollocks, as great as he is in his own game.

Yes, he has the best car, but then why is Bottas not World Champion or even close to him? I'm not a fan of Hamilton but there is no disputing his talent. The most recent race in Turkey proved that.

If the cars are not created equal then obviously the better cars will give those drivers an advantage.

If all the cars were exactly the same...would Hamilton still win?
There's something in it because the team is in the competition too . A direct comparison isn't really possible ,unless it's like for like
Moto gp, Paris dakar, wrc etc. When to fuel ,when to change tyres etc is all in there . Like the bikes these cars all have way way more power than is needed to get round a circuit super fast .It's the driver or rider harnessing and using it to get round the quickest

I can't think of a sport that has fewer variables than snooker. If you have technique as good as Ronnie's the ability to win or lose is all between his ears. In motor racing you can still come a cropper even in the fastest car as you are operating in a much more varied environment.

If anyone could win in that car why do his team pay him millions to drive for them? Presumably they could hire a test driver from the worst team and pay them peanuts. But they don't so Ronnie's opinion is clearly bollocks, as great as he is in his own game.

Nikki Lauda moved heaven and earth to get him to Mercedes.

He knew what an outstanding talent he was.
How would Hamilton get on in another car?

Put all the drivers in a Haas or Williams and he'd still win.

He's that good.

As a nation we need to wake up, he's top 5 all time greatest driver's for me and possibly top 3 greatest UK sports men of all time.

Last edited:
Spot on. Hamilton is a good driver in an excellent car. Schumacher was an excellent driver in a good car.
Has Hamilton ever been in a shite car? I can only remember him in a Mclaren or a mercedes. He never seemed to have served his time in one of the second division cars or teams

Back