Is religious extremism like alcoholism?

Read an article on Hinduism, monkey armies and humans with elephant heads. Have myself a smirk when I go past a temple

Humans with elephant heads or six arms are ridiculous but talking snakes and people coming back from the dead are ok depending on which absurd belief you were brought up in.

Same as brexit, they “Believe” in something they have never met, if they did they wouldn’t know what to do with it. However, it is no credit to religion that some of us are so heavenly minded as to be of no earthly use. Same with brexit.

Same as brexit, they “Believe” in something they have never met, if they did they wouldn’t know what to do with it. However, it is no credit to religion that some of us are so heavenly minded as to be of no earthly use. Same with brexit.

Remainers are the new religion. They have been indoctrinated since childhood that this mythical entity will take care of them when in fact it is malign and hates the people it created. Like theists they hurl abuse at anyone who doesn't share their delusion.

Last edited:
Remainers are the new religion. They have been indoctrinated since childhood that this mythical entity will take care of them when in fact it is malign and hates the people it created. Like theists they hurl abuse at anyone who doesn't share their delusion.
I've had conversations with brexiteers who voted so to keep Britain Christian.

There is no left wing case for Brexit, you cannot build a social paradise from an economic graveyard. Madness, even more mad than the right wing madmen. We have people living on the edges, sleeping on the streets, eating from foodbanks, NHS in a mess, education similar. People who cannot take any more hits, the biggest of all will be Brexit. What about them, do you simply pretend that they are not there? That your methods will help when things get better? How long will that take? What about the damage done so far? That will not reverse itself. There is NO LEFT WING CASE for Brexit. I am not blind to the faults of the EU, I have read your case and I can understand it - to a point, I voted remain because it is the only sensible option at this moment. I am a pragmatist not an ideologist, and the most practical solution is to reverse A50. If not you are no better than the tories.

Last edited:
I've had conversations with brexiteers who voted so to keep Britain Christian.
Look at the US of A, Trump mentions god so they vote for him. Around the deep south where poverty is endemic, they clap their hands and sing to God that he will take them because they are so downtrodden in this life. Trump mentions Jesus - and they vote for him. If they don't behave they are threatened with eternal damnation, hell fires and all that, but god loves them. He will put down the mighty from their seat and will exhault the humble and meek, of course he will. Yonder peasant hasn't got a look in. Sire he lives a good league hence, underneath the mountain, a house would have been better.

Last edited:
There is no left wing case for Brexit, you cannot build a social paradise from an economic graveyard. Madness, even more mad than the right wing madmen. We have people living on the edges, sleeping on the streets, eating from foodbanks, NHS in a mess, education similar. People who cannot take any more hits, the biggest of all will be Brexit. What about them, do you simply pretend that they are not there? That your methods will help when things get better? How long will that take? What about the damage done so far? That will not reverse itself. There is NO LEFT WING CASE for Brexit. I am not blind to the faults of the EU, I have read your case and I can understand it - to a point, I voted remain because it is the only sensible option at this moment. I am a pragmatist not an ideologist, and the most practical solution is to reverse A50. If not you are no better than the tories.

Don't be so silly.

Don't be so silly.

Yesterday's men, mostly talk and not a lot of action and that is true. Look where you like there is not a better option than the one we have now. I thought I was of the left till I read and hear some of the ridiculous statements. 1970s have gone, it's a totally different ball game today.

Yesterday's men, mostly talk and not a lot of action and that is true. Look where you like there is not a better option than the one we have now. I thought I was of the left till I read and hear some of the ridiculous statements. 1970s have gone, it's a totally different ball game today.

That's where your problem is. You are lost.

Back