Is Kate Adie a proud mackem?

I once sat on an adjacent table to her in Romanos in Cleadon. Didn't have her red and white top on though but I did hear her say that Shearer was a wanker so definitely an mlf

Unsurprisingly there are lots of people who, in order to achieve their ambitions or do what they want in life, have to move away from where they were born. Sometimes the consequence is a reduction in the affinity or connection they feel for their birthplace. This doesn’t mean they ‘hate’ their origins nor does it make them bad people. Not does it make them despise or scorn people who feel a deeper connection or pride in their geographical origins. It’s just life. Meh.

Also: some people have zilch interest in football.

Btw: I’m not from Sunderland so trolling about how I’m a turncoat traitor of my cultural heritage for having this perspective is wasted. Ithangyew:)

Kate Adie - great laydeeee.

I respect her for not blathering uncontrollably about her roots, she seems to be a private person.

She’s always seemed to be a top professional and I don’t need to know about her background or sporting allegiances.

There’s something sexy about mysterious posh birds too.

What school did she gan to sounds like she's from Oxford (I'm guessing RGS or Barnard Castle or the likes) I'm sorry if I'm wrong I hate bought privilege

She was adopted: hardly 'bought privilege'.

My dad worked with her at Radio Durham. They both had Northeast accents then, and both worked hard to lose them in order to get on in the world. That's how it was. It wasn't until the 90s that regional accents started to become more acceptable in the national media.

If she's not proud she should be.

The definitive take on 'pride'.

Last edited:
She was adopted: hardly 'bought privilege'.

My dad worked with her at Radio Durham. They both had Northeast accents then, and both worked hard to lose them in order to get on in the world. That's how it was. It wasn't until the 90s that regional accents started to become more acceptable in the national media.

The definitive take on 'pride'.

Ok mate I'm sorry but her adopted family still paid probably half the average annual take home wage in the NE to school her every year. If you don't think this gives you a headstart then fair enough but I disagree - doesn't make her a bad person tho

What school did she gan to sounds like she's from Oxford (I'm guessing RGS or Barnard Castle or the likes) I'm sorry if I'm wrong I hate bought privilege
She went to the Sunderland Church High School and lived in Holmelands Park off Tunstall Road. We were friends

She used to go to matches at Roker Park when she was young.
I used to go with her.

Bollocks did they. They lived in Holmlands Park.
Correct. She was nice then and still is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok mate I'm sorry but her adopted family still paid probably half the average annual take home wage in the NE to school her every year. If you don't think this gives you a headstart then fair enough but I disagree - doesn't make her a bad person tho

What a bunch of bastards eh.

They should have done something sensible with their money like buy a class car to drive around the town in.

Each to their own mate but I disagree with it on principle. The Scandinavian countries tend to rank better for most indicators of life quality and are far more egalitarian when it comes to education etc

Back