Is Kate Adie a proud mackem?

When we beat the mags at the landfill 2-1 (shearer missed pen game) she was there supporting the lads. Good enough for me that

You can be from somewhere and not shout it from the rooftops and still be proud.

For those doubting the above she was shown pre kick off in the directors seating and the bbc commentator on match of the day, Barry Davies iirc, mentioned her

She thought Charlie Hurley was a God. That will do for me.

James Bolam is not happy being associated with the town, I understand, yet he appeared on Quizball as the guest team member (pre 1970) and his stepfather was Mr James Scott, the consultant orthopaedic surgeon in Sunderland. A massive posh Scotsman who smoked and drank Newcastle Brown topped up with Exhibition who was the club Doctor for many years.

if you book in advance first class is not that more expensive. we try and do that now when we pop down to the smoke. more tea and biscuits than you can drink or eat
Still cheapskating proper gadgies use lner or virgin west coast. Loads of booze and a bacon sarnie then more booze and a hot meal then more booze then into larrrrndaaaan feeling happy

Back