Is it worth buying a diesel car?

Same thing about automatics, everyone bangs on about how class they are,
Only driven an automatic in Florida (look at me etc) and there was a good few times where I wanted to drop a gear but it wouldn’t do it, coupled with the acceleration lag put me off.
I'll sell you my C300 for £20k. Mint motor.
Slightly over budget I’m afraid 😃

Last edited:
Just traded in my electric Audi Q4 for a new F Pace Diesel - modern versions now give a warning that the filter needs cleaning and a 20 minute motorway run cleans everything up.

My 2016 Zafira Tourer has 2 regens, active and passive. Active you get the warning lights, passive it just does them - only way to tell is it turns on the rear demister, so I keep it on the fuel consumption thing that tells me when thats happening.

Number of cars I walk past having just parked up with their engine fans running and you know its trying to do a regen and they're slowly knacking their car and most are totally oblivious. Manufacturers designed it to fail IMO and its anywhere between 700-1500 quid to replace even on cheaper cars.

Only driven an automatic in Florida (look at me etc) and there was a good few times where I wanted to drop a gear but it wouldn’t do it, coupled with the acceleration lag put me off.

Slightly over budget I’m afraid 😃
depends what gearbox and engine you have. I have a 3.0 Tdi V6 and the ZF gearbox that goes with it is class

Always had diesels.
Can't see me ever buying a new one.

Not for any single reason. Just seems like their time has passed. Multiple reasons add up.

Back