Is it standard for players in this league to drink during the season

I'll see your Marcus Maddison and raise you a Darron Gibson.

Whilst a couple of beers after a game is probably acceptable, a bottle of spirits on the morning of a game - probably not so much. As well as not enhancing one's football prowess, it also really doesn't help with driving to the stadium.

As someone has already posted, this might explain why there isn't an orderly queue forming to try and persuade Peterborough to part with their prized asset.

Good attitude allied to good ability is the way to go.

What’s wrong with facial tattoos like? I have a couple but I’m far from a ‘gangster’
But look at the rest of his photos. Plastic hardman posturing all awa the shop. Probably shite himself if someone fronted him up. Probably why he’s always on the piss. False courage.

The odd one or two are teetotal like Defoe.. Otherwise a lot piss heads who get paid too much
Yep, as are Henderson and Milner. No coincidence that they're renowned for their work rate and stamina. Obviously an extreme example but Ronaldo too.

Think the odd night out can be good for morale but a lot (majority?) of English footballers take the piss and totally abuse it.

Who the fuck is Maddo? And what the fuck is insta?
Marcus Madison and Instagram. This is player that people on here are asking SD to break the bank for.
Nothing wrong with the odd beer now and again. But going out on the piss every weekend is a big no-no. You're a professional athlete and should look after your body.

Imagine being a League One player and acting like a superstar 😂

Last edited:
Given the woeful humans a lot of these british footballers are i’m shocked there arent more of them getting flagged for being on the gear tbh

Back