Is it just me or is the quality of international football pretty dire right now?

International football is ducking mince , utter pish , credit to the England for 2 fine wins but as I’m no English it doesn’t mean much to me

My own country is a fuvkin shambles run by idiots both in government and the football association , the players are guff , we have one decent player , Robertson , the rest are overrated pish

Most people I know don’t watch internationals anymore , even the World Cup lost its sparkle as it’s too many games with some really weak nations (how bad is mine when we can’t get there for over 20 years ??)

As for fifa , just ruin everything they touch now
Totally agree with your point that FIFA ruin everything they touch mate, and that is before we even get to the cluster that they call Qatar 22.

It's rarely been better, if at all.

Some of the great teams of yesteryear were full of blokes who didn't look after themselves playing against relative cloggers.

It's rarely been better, if at all.

Some of the great teams of yesteryear were full of blokes who didn't look after themselves playing against relative cloggers.

I'm not talking about the 1960s, but rather only 10-15 years ago, if that. I think the squads of the 1998 WC for example were stronger.

I didn't think France were all that great in the last WC, they were sort of the best of a bad bunch?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the 1960s, but rather only 10-15 years ago, if that. I think the squads of the 1998 WC for example were stronger.

I didn't think France were all that great in the last WC, they were sort of the best of a bad bunch?
I reckon a lot of it has to do with your age at the time when watching a World Cup. Chances are as a child/young person/teenager you'll have some idols and know each squad inside out. No denying there's been some great players mind.

Things look better through young eyes, and even better through a hazy memory harking back to youth. Most of my tournament memories aren't really tied to the football, rather what I was doing at the time.
Hence 98 is my favourite. :lol::cool:

Strange you said that mate. My view at the moment is that the current lads playing for England are the first in a long time that actually care. I think that a lot of that is down to Southgate and his selection policy:cool:
I think southgate's policy of picking youth is unreal, but he is benefiting from having the largest pool of quality young players we have had for quite some time.

Even the teams of the 00s were pretty thin on quality when you got past the first 11 bit it seems like there is a massive pool of incredible players coming through at the moment.

I think southgate's policy of picking youth is unreal, but he is benefiting from having the largest pool of quality young players we have had for quite some time.

Even the teams of the 00s were pretty thin on quality when you got past the first 11 bit it seems like there is a massive pool of incredible players coming through at the moment.
Certainly appears to be that way mate:cool:

Back