Is Donald our worst ever owner?

Has been since day one. Remember when they conned fans into doing the ground maintenance for free while they went on the piss to Russia.

Yes simply on the basis that although he knew that he didn't have anything like the financial clout that's needed to maintain a club of SAFC's size and he still went ahead and acquired it. We are in the position that we are now find ourselves because his daft scheme fell though after the first season. Another owner might have got us in to this league but this guy is keeping us here

He makes Ashley look like a saint
Stewart Donald is basically a pound shop Mike Ashley. And that’s being generous.

There are similarities with Ashley such as how he at first tried to ingratiate himself with the support, but quickly got on the wrong side of the supporters.

The differences however are: Ashley runs a reasonably competent operation, and after fuck ups such as getting the Mags relegated, he’s largely managed to clean up after himself, getting them promoted at first time of asking (twice) and invested wisely enough so that he now has a sustainable mid-table top flight team. The Mags may hate him for the perceived lack of ambition, but there’s actually been something resembling a plan there, even if the plan is just “ensure we’re sufficiently resourced with players good enough to stay in the Premier League without breaking the bank.” It at least shows he knows which way his bread is buttered.

Ashley’s way of managing a football club is lightyears ahead of the useless shit-for-brain fuck ups we’re lumbered with.

I can only remember back to 1990 and Bob Murray. How did earlier owners such as Cowie etc compare? I absolutely hate Donald and Methven. By far the worst for me since 1990. Basically tried for one season to get us promoted then gave up and lost interest. It’s not the fact they have no money that annoys me it’s the fact they can’t even be arsed to communicate with fans now and when the do tell constant lies.
Tin hat on here but i think he is a genuine bloke, just this club is just too big for him, probably looked to make a few crafty million on the cheap and it's backfired ........the twat

Has been since day one. Remember when they conned fans into doing the ground maintenance for free while they went on the piss to Russia.
"conned"? haha bollocks!

Those people willingly did that because they love the club! There was no agenda behind it. The seats were provided for free by a local company if I remember right. It was all done in very good spirit!
I wasn't there. Just remember reading about if from over here in Covid19 ground zero.

the league positions confirms he his, the playing and coaching staff are due a lot of the blame, but the fact we have got worse under his tenancy confirms it for me.

Playing devils advocate you could argue he has had to trim the expenditure etc, but you don't get points or promotion by having money in the bank. Not in this game.

Without doubt the worst
What makes me laugh is when donald goes on radio and just can't understand why he is called a chancer, dell boy and in it for a quick buck !!
Well I dont think any fan is fooled anymore
It's one embarrassment after another and on a weekly basis atm.
Clearly by the statements he has put out on safc website he has no interest in the fans .

I honestly feel like he would sell to the worst possible person if he could now
Let's just hope anyone coming in have seen from the outside how not to run a club and that lying constantly to fans isnt worth it in the long run

He's not even as bad as the one that came before him - Short.
Short destroyed the club. Donald has at least improved it a little bit (albeit not even a fraction of what needed to be done).

Short gets away with it because "he paid the debt off" and "only sold to the right person". When actually, turns out he left a £20m debt on the club after all because the chancer he sold it to always planned to make the club pay Short off.

People are so quick to forget how bad them last two seasons were under Shorts ownership.

People are so quick to forget how bad them last two seasons were under Shorts ownership.
He did say he was selling to someone that would get us to a place we deserve. I’m not sure he had this in mind. Or maybe he just didn’t like us 😂

Donald is far from the worst yes he told few porky's but stablised us off-field and then almost got us promoted in the first attempt, people look for scapegoats for out of hand failure to live up to their own expectations but reality it's the players who need to improve...

Even Venkys got Blackburn back up at the first attempt. Almost getting us promoted is nothing to shout at, the league is that poor it’s hard to not be in with a shout, especially when we had the likes of Cattermole, Gooch, McGeady still at club and Maja coming through at that time
Remember when we thought we were going to be taken over and become the richest club in the world

Or did I just dream that

Stewart Donald was telling people this in the Carbon Grill

Without question. In relative wealth terms he might aswell be a homeless bum with a flea ridden dog and a styrofoam tea cup. Allied to the fact he seems clueless and has zero affinity to the club I would say he’s comfortably the worst owner we’ve had

If it was just the fact that he doesn't have a pot to piss in or his staggering incompetence on it's own, he'd be somewhere down the league table of shame. The fact that it's both aspects puts him number one by a distance

Dropping like a stone
Horrible CEO appointed as Short had literally zero interest in the club anymore
But he paid off all the debts.

Apart from £20m that he didn't.

Back