Is Donald our worst ever owner?

Scary it may be to involve more youngsters, but it will also be brave and a reality for many clubs at this level.

I'd love to see the next Pickford or Henderson come through over the type of players Jack Ross would sign.
I agree but theres one problem there Donald has asset stipped the Academy

1. Filled the club with his dimwit mates from non-league.

2. Set a 100 point target this season despite the fact every man and his dog could see the current team is a hell of a lot weaker than the one which finished last year with 85 points.

3. Finished 5th in League One with the biggest budget any club has ever had at this level last year and we are currently f***ing SEVENTH and outside the play offs in his second season.

4. Has appointed two absolutely shite managers.

5. Fuck off Stu.
This - needs to fuck off and take Poundland David Brent with him

How come back in the day Cowie received dogs abuse, the crowds dropped to below 15000.
Now there was not a huge amount of vocal discontent, crowds around 30000 and the worst team ever.
Strange

How come back in the day Cowie received dogs abuse, the crowds dropped to below 15000.
Now there was not a huge amount of vocal discontent, crowds around 30000 and the worst team ever.
Strange
Got to say as much as i want new owners asap,i hated cowie more than stewy.

He's not even as bad as the one that came before him - Short.
Short destroyed the club. Donald has at least improved it a little bit (albeit not even a fraction of what needed to be done).

Short gets away with it because "he paid the debt off" and "only sold to the right person". When actually, turns out he left a £20m debt on the club after all because the chancer he sold it to always planned to make the club pay Short off.
We're further away from promotion now than we were when he arrived. He hasn't improved the club. He's taken what we all assumed was 'as bad as it could get' and he's made it worse. Twice. The idea he'll get a third go doesn't bear thinking about.

He's not even as bad as the one that came before him - Short.
Short destroyed the club. Donald has at least improved it a little bit (albeit not even a fraction of what needed to be done).

Short gets away with it because "he paid the debt off" and "only sold to the right person". When actually, turns out he left a £20m debt on the club after all because the chancer he sold it to always planned to make the club pay Short off.

Can't agree that Short is worse than Donald but he does get off very, very lightly on here. His intentions may have been good and unlike Donald he had the money to try and rectify his mistakes but he was f***ing useless.

Short set this up, by running us into the ground, ignoring what was happening and moving on.
These lads have taken it a step further, trust has gone and will never come back now, I fell for it.

By far the worst. At least Ellis did care at the outset and funded the club long after he has lost interest and the fans turned against him. Donald appears to have thown his toys out of the pram at the first sign of discontent and Methven ran for the hills for a level of abuse that probably equates to 5% of what Short, Murray & Cowie endured.

These owners are chancers without a pot to piss in. Christ knows how they passed the Fit and Proper test.

Donald & Methven = Del Boy and Rodney.

Last edited:

Back