Is anyone in a pub

Been out tonight to the local, it was quiet but enjoyed it. Long term I think pubs are fucked unfortunately.
It's one of life's simple pleasures drinking a nice pint or 5 and talking shite with your mates.

Had a few down South Shields seafront yesterday afternoon.
Bar 52 had a few in for match and they had the full set up of the app etc.
the sundial and rattler were quiet and they were just serving at the bar as usual.

Any reason specifically?

I don't think the numbers of people using a local pub makes them sustainable, we have 3 in our village and there was about 15 people out last night in total. There are a few exceptions of pubs that do well with food, but local pubs relying on wet sales have it hard.
A lot of people have got out of the habit of going for a pint during lockdown and realised how much cheaper it is not to bother. It's not popular with young people either, to be honest after half an hour of listening to a pissed bloke ranting on about how he's not racist but, this black lives matter nonsense.. I was wishing I hadn't bothered, but it got better!

Been out tonight to the local, it was quiet but enjoyed it. Long term I think pubs are fucked unfortunately.
It's one of life's simple pleasures drinking a nice pint or 5 and talking shite with your mates.
They may be finished for their current owners but there’s always someone who thinks they’ve got what it takes. Pubs/owners are gonna have to get their acts together once the dust settles.

Went to the Seaton Lane Inn last night. Staff superb and they have barriers up between tables, very unobtrusive and well made. The Starappomen (spelling?) was amazing.

Back