Is an old biscuit tin a Faraday Cage?

Alan BStard

Striker
I'm nee physicist but I need somewhere/thing to put me car keys in at night to stop the baddies boosting the signal from outside the house and nicking me car.

I'm nee physicist but I need somewhere/thing to put me car keys in at night to stop the baddies boosting the signal from outside the house and nicking me car.
Although this isn't a myth, the numbers of these crimes actually occurring is tiny. It is being blown out of all proportion due to the usual Facebook hysterics.

See also white van men marking your house with chalk and nicking your dog for another crime that never really occurs but gets people wound up.

Although this isn't a myth, the numbers of these crimes actually occurring is tiny. It is being blown out of all proportion due to the usual Facebook hysterics.
You may well be right but there's been some cars nicked in this manner locally so awareness of the problem has become heightened. Cars way posher than mine I'll admit but they might decide to slum it with mine.

Bags on eBay cheap as chips.

Got me car broke into a few months back, no damage, assume I left my door open, copper told me it was on the increase and potentially I did lock me doors and they used the machine to unlock it.
I keep me keys away from the door now.

See also white van men marking your house with chalk and nicking your dog for another crime that never really occurs but gets people wound up.
Let's not get started on UV markers.

Back