Is 1% rise in NHS enough?

Not even close.
In January, The Mirror (and others I'm sure) reported that "52,000 NHS staff are off sick with covid" - that will be both those who have it, symptoms of it, or possibly come into contact with it I assume.
Over 850 UK healthcare workers are thought to have died of covid between March and December 2020.
1% and some clapping?

Get Tae Fuck.

There’s not enough money. It’s all been spent on furlough and self-employment grants to those who continued to work through lockdown and suffered no ill effect on income.

Obviously there are those that need and rightly deserve the help. But there are also so many that have taken the p1ss while NHS staff went into work and cared for those at the worst time of their life, with so many unknowns.

There’s not enough money. It’s all been spent on furlough and self-employment grants to those who continued to work through lockdown and suffered no ill effect on income.

Obviously there are those that need and rightly deserve the help. But there are also so many that have taken the p1ss while NHS staff went into work and cared for those at the worst time of their life, with so many unknowns.

I mean, if they didn't spunk millions ensuring their mates were well looked after...

Nurses should get a far bigger pay rise.
Don't know if all other nhs staff should have one.
If you can't split the pay rise up and make it nurse specific we should still give them all a bigger pay rise.
Must have been horrific them first few months when we knew little about the disease and nurses were going into work with incorrect PPE.

Of course it's not enough.. the question shoudm be how much is enough. Supposedly about 500m per percentage point rise.. the way we have spent and conscious of purse strings being tight I think a 4% would have appeased most

If they hadn’t spent £30bn on track and trace they could’ve doubled the staffing and all given them a pay rise
We havent spent 30bn on track and trace.. not even close.. the track and trace element is about 1-2 billion. The testing is the biggest expense.. so far somewhere between 7-10 billion has been spent.. I imagine a million tests a day won't be cheap

Back