Irrational things your other half does to piss you off...

Dont have time to scroll through all the posts so apologies if already mentioned. This is something I find lots of women say not just my other half and I just dont understand, to the extent I dont even know how to respond. So if any women can tell me why you do this I would much appreciate it.

Woman: Asks a me question
Me: Gives my answer
Woman: Are you sure?
Me: ??????????

Dont have time to scroll through all the posts so apologies if already mentioned. This is something I find lots of women say not just my other half and I just dont understand, to the extent I dont even know how to respond. So if any women can tell me why you do this I would much appreciate it.

It's a test

You've given the wrong answer and been offered the opportunity to provide the correct one

It's a test

You've given the wrong answer and been offered the opportunity to provide the correct one

At home its not though. My OH is very straight up (thankfully) and tells me when she thinks I am wrong. This are you sure shite could be something trivial that makes no difference to her. Had her ask one after dinner.

"Would you like another cup of tea?"
"No thanks"
"Are you sure?"

Last edited:

Similar one:

Herself - 'Do you think we should do something/buy something/change something?'

Me, considering how to answer - 'Ermm...'

Herself - 'Or not?'

Why f@@king ask in the first place?

At home its not though. My OH is very straight up (thankfully) and tells me when she thinks I am wrong. This are you sure shite could be something trivial that makes no difference to her. Had her ask one after dinner.

"Would you like another cup of tea?"
"No thanks"
"Are you sure?"
Clearly been brought up proper then

Similar one:

Herself - 'Do you think we should do something/buy something/change something?'

Me, considering how to answer - 'Ermm...'

Herself - 'Or not?'

Why f@@king ask in the first place?
Men can be equally confusing you know!

Mr Reindeer asks questions back to my questions:

Me: Shall we go for a walk?

Mr R: Dinnar.... do you want to go for a walk?

Why not just answer my question rather than ask your own???

When I ask her a question, I get the initial response “Why?”

“Because I want to know the answer?” is my standard counter now.

Back