IronMan 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from a brilliant weekend down Bolton to cheer on 4 Mackem lads aiming to do their first ever IronMan in Bolton.

All 4 completed it but Jesus, what they had to do is incredible.

2.4 mile swim at 6am
112 mile bike ride that is all check pointed and timed to ensure you can continue
26.4 mile run

All within 17 hours.

Amazing achievement from the four involved and all done with an hour to spare!

who were the 4 mate ? are you in a club also ?
Ive seen that paul "rocker" robson out training before, machine him lad

Just got back from a brilliant weekend down Bolton to cheer on 4 Mackem lads aiming to do their first ever IronMan in Bolton.

All 4 completed it but Jesus, what they had to do is incredible.

2.4 mile swim at 6am
112 mile bike ride that is all check pointed and timed to ensure you can continue
26.4 mile run

All within 17 hours.

Amazing achievement from the four involved and all done with an hour to spare!

Baz, Curly and co?

I live on the bike route and spent all last Sunday on the bike feed station. Fifth year I've helped support the event. Greatest respect to everyone who tries it. Did spot one sand dancer but no obvious mackems on their bikes.

Completed it last year in 12:12. Done outlaw on Sunday, which is the same distance but a different course in 11:39.

Do it, it's a quality weekend. Bolton?
aye he's registered for Bolton mate , said will think on it, its an expensive hobby though which puts me off , however, if in a month I find I can still only run 3 times a week and no more the I may pick your brain on going into tri training for the first time

aye he's registered for Bolton mate , said will think on it, its an expensive hobby though which puts me off , however, if in a month I find I can still only run 3 times a week and no more the I may pick your brain on going into tri training for the first time
Once you have everything it's not too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back