Iron Fist - Latest Marvel Netflix show

Enjoying this but the fact that joy looks so much like sporty spice is putting me off a bit.
Never noticed that, thought she was good looking in The Following a couple of years ago.

Well, finished it. Not a bad series, on par with Luke Cage overall imo, but not as good as Dare Devil or Jessica Jones.

The fight choreography was fine, it's never bad. That's not praise though, from what I know about the character now this series needed something fantastic.

Ward had the best arc for me surprisingly. I found his bad guy actions reasonable most of the time, even though they were dickish. He was largely sympathetic throughout and I was expecting a hard villain turn was coming from him, so it was nice to see him on the side of good when it came to the end of the season.

Rand was a bit off putting, I get that they were making him naive or immature but it felt a bit weird for the lead to be like that through the whole season's run. Makes caring for him difficult, I kept expecting them to go into flashbacks more so I'd have the chance to understand why the character would be so trusting but they didn't bother, I hope they show his upbringing in season 2.

Madame Gao being in the Hand was weird, then I thought later on, maybe she's faking it. Then, well, no Gao actually was in the Hand all along. Strange reveal, kind of want to go back to to Daredevil to see if that still makes sense.

Overall it felt like a B- show in an era where we're spoiled for choice on A* quality shows.

Last edited:
Never noticed that, thought she was good looking in The Following a couple of years ago.

Well, finished it. Not a bad series, on par with Luke Cage overall imo, but not as good as Dare Devil or Jessica Jones.

The fight choreography was fine, it's never bad. That's not praise though, from what I know about the character now this series needed something fantastic.

Overall it felt like a B- show in an era where we're spoiled for choice on A* quality shows.
Just finished it and found it a bit of a drudge. Had its decent moments - especially his lass who was cute and a believable character. Found him a bit annoying really and a lot of the boardroom stuff tedious. The script's generally crap - people just rush around doing something or other absolutely refusing to listen to anyone else.
Also the Dad with his Spandau Ballet haircut :oops: - ridiculous the way he comes back from the dead and people are only mildly surprised.
Actually the first time Iron Fist does some amazing stuff Joy is just like "Wow, you an acrobat?" as opposed to "WTF was that???" :lol:

Kind of looking forward to the Defenders now but I miss villains in daft costumes. A load of ninjas gets tedious after a while

I'm not usually into superhero shows/movies, but I watched the trailer to this tonight and thought "fuck it I'll give it a go".

3 episodes in so far and really enjoying it!

Me neither. I assume Rand is supposed to be a fuckwit that trusts too easily.

Some of the fight scenes are really badly done though, so many cuts to hide flaws. Shame this followed Dare Devil because some of the one shot fight scenes put this to shame.

I think daredevil was a bit special for camera work and choreography so not a fair comparison tbh, theres one fight scene going through a stairwell that's incredible, I cant think of many massive budget films that have bettered it.

Defenders is gonna be really weird because one of the great things about the netflix dirty marvel stuff is how different they are in style.

I think daredevil was a bit special for camera work and choreography so not a fair comparison tbh, theres one fight scene going through a stairwell that's incredible, I cant think of many massive budget films that have bettered it.

Defenders is gonna be really weird because one of the great things about the netflix dirty marvel stuff is how different they are in style.
Normally when Marvel has two or more superhero s together the banter meter goes into the red! Be interesting to see if they keep the darkness...
I'm looking forward to it anyway especially Jones

Back