Ireland latest.

Practically every restriction lifted over here. Pubs back to normal opening times, venues allowed have full capacity, no Covid passes needed etc. Masks will remain for another few weeks & they said some restrictions will remain in schools & childcare facilities.

Pandemic is over. All over. For a few months, anyway.
Good to hear. The 8pm thing was silly mind.

Hopefully its still all over next time I'm over.

He was on the news this morning claiming England had gotten their strategy on omicron wrong, and that we should have had stricter measures. :eek:

I think he's lost it. He's gone down the weird "lockdown is virtuous" and masks are my political identity road. Loon.

As opposed to the people who've made it their political identity to oppose lockdown and masks, you mean? I don't mean you, but there are certainly posters who occupy the same ideological space you do, who have made their entire political identity about lockdown, masks and vaccines.

Practically every restriction lifted over here. Pubs back to normal opening times, venues allowed have full capacity, no Covid passes needed etc. Masks will remain for another few weeks & they said some restrictions will remain in schools & childcare facilities.

Pandemic is over. All over. For a few months, anyway.
Good stuff

As opposed to the people who've made it their political identity to oppose lockdown and masks, you mean? I don't mean you, but there are certainly posters who occupy the same ideological space you do, who have made their entire political identity about lockdown, masks and vaccines.
As well as.
They're probably worse

They aren't running a country.

How can Eire lift restrictions with a few hours notice yet we have to wait a week 😡😡😡😡
In fairness, this is the 1st time they've done something like this. When they were bringing restrictions in, which happened quite a few times over the last couple of years, they would give around a week's notice, which I personally thought was ridiculous. If they felt the need to tighten restrictions, the virus was obviously getting worse, so they should have tightened them as soon as they announced it.

He was on the news this morning claiming England had gotten their strategy on omicron wrong, and that we should have had stricter measures. :eek:

I think he's lost it. He's gone down the weird "lockdown is virtuous" and masks are my political identity road. Loon.

Him and Sturgeon are both corrupted by the power covid has given them

Sturgeon on the TV this morning being asked if she thought the damage done to hospitality by her pointless and evidence free measures was worth it. She dismissed the question as if it was below her even though the hospitality industry in Scotland have told her it's been devastating.

Him and Sturgeon are both corrupted by the power covid has given them

Sturgeon on the TV this morning being asked if she thought the damage done to hospitality by her pointless and evidence free measures was worth it. She dismissed the question as if it was below her even though the hospitality industry in Scotland have told her it's been devastating.

I don't think that's true at all, and you're hardly in a position to complain about COVID corrupting people's views - you've said time and time again that there's no evidence for lockdown and you have studies to provide it, but you haven't provided any evidence of the sort. If Sturgeon is rabidly pro-lockdown with no evidence to support her views, then you're rabidly anti-lockdown, with no evidence to support your views.
They aren't running a country.

That's because (generally speaking, there are exceptions) people who are competent to run a country, usually base judgements on facts and evidence. The facts and evidence are that lockdown measures, masks and vaccines are necessary tools to fight COVID.

The people demanding no lockdowns, no masks, no vaccines are for the most part, lunatics, people desperate for attention and people so incredibly selfish they're happy for people to die so they can go to the club.

If those are the people you want running a country then please, find a country that elects these people and get yourself there.

Last edited:
That's because (generally speaking, there are exceptions) people who are competent to run a country, usually base judgements on facts and evidence. The facts and evidence are that lockdown measures, masks and vaccines are necessary tools to fight COVID.

The people demanding no lockdowns, no masks, no vaccines are for the most part, lunatics, people desperate for attention and people so incredibly selfish they're happy for people to die so they can go to the club.

If those are the people you want running a country then please, find a country that elects these people and get yourself there.
I hear your point. But these are knackers on a tuppence ha'penny footy forum. You specifically said "posters" so we must assume you meant on here.
I can assure you, none of the posters on here will be running the country, Any country.

Back